Warners has acquired the feature film rights to TV and Literary P.I Mike Hammer, Deadline reports.
The deal to turn Mickey Spillane’s book hero into a film is a co-production between Film 360 and Thunder Road.
The character of Hammer, who featured in 13 books, was said to be super influential on later tough guy detectives like Dirty Harry.
Darren McGavin first played the title role in the “Mickey Spillane’s Mike Hammer” TV show, before being replaced by Stacy Keach in a later incarnation.
- J.J Abrams turned down Star Wars : Episode VII directing job - December 27, 2012
- TNT’s Leverage to end after five seasons - December 22, 2012
- New trailer for Dreamworks’ Turbo - December 21, 2012
- First Picture of Tom Hardy as the new Mad Max! - December 21, 2012
- 10 Breaking Bits - December 21, 2012
- Seth Rogen’s This is the End has a great Red Band Trailer! - December 21, 2012
- The CW’s Sherwood reintroduces audiences to Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves - December 21, 2012
- Red Band Trailer for The Heat with Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy - December 20, 2012
- 10 Breaking Bits - December 19, 2012
- Vin Diesel to play Kojak - December 18, 2012