David Oyelowo (“The Butler”, “Nina”) will play legendary boxer Sugar Ray Robinson in a new biopic from ”Moneyball” producer Rachael Horovitz and ”Game Change” scribe Danny Strong.
Deadline says the film, which up-and-comer Oyelowo will executive produce, is based on the Wil Haygood biography ‘Sweet Thunder: The Life And Times Of Sugar Ray Robinson’.
Haygood wrote a draft of the script. There’s a possibility that Strong may do a rewrite on it.
The deal for Oyelowo came together on the set of “The Butler”, which Strong wrote and the former stars in.
- J.J Abrams turned down Star Wars : Episode VII directing job - December 27, 2012
- TNT’s Leverage to end after five seasons - December 22, 2012
- New trailer for Dreamworks’ Turbo - December 21, 2012
- First Picture of Tom Hardy as the new Mad Max! - December 21, 2012
- 10 Breaking Bits - December 21, 2012
- Seth Rogen’s This is the End has a great Red Band Trailer! - December 21, 2012
- The CW’s Sherwood reintroduces audiences to Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves - December 21, 2012
- Red Band Trailer for The Heat with Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy - December 20, 2012
- 10 Breaking Bits - December 19, 2012
- Vin Diesel to play Kojak - December 18, 2012