Nicolas Cage is set to star in a mainstream remake of the Faith-based thriller “Left Behind”.
Kirk Cameron starred in the original film, which spawned two sequels.
It’s hoped that the reboot will also lead to a trilogy.
Veteran stuntman Vic Armstrong will direct “Left Behind”, which begins filming first quarter next year in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
The Hollywood Reporter says the new film will stick closely to the template of the Kirk Cameron-starring films.
The movies were political thrillers that focused on the End of Days and the Rapture. Those Christian beliefs are again the focal point of the new movie, but the story will be more in the mold of a classic disaster film. The plot unfolds during the first few hours after the Rapture and focuses on the survivors.
Wonder if they’ll offer Kirk Cameron a cameo?
- J.J Abrams turned down Star Wars : Episode VII directing job - December 27, 2012
- TNT’s Leverage to end after five seasons - December 22, 2012
- New trailer for Dreamworks’ Turbo - December 21, 2012
- First Picture of Tom Hardy as the new Mad Max! - December 21, 2012
- 10 Breaking Bits - December 21, 2012
- Seth Rogen’s This is the End has a great Red Band Trailer! - December 21, 2012
- The CW’s Sherwood reintroduces audiences to Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves - December 21, 2012
- Red Band Trailer for The Heat with Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy - December 20, 2012
- 10 Breaking Bits - December 19, 2012
- Vin Diesel to play Kojak - December 18, 2012