As if the thought of the long-simmering “Justice League” coming to a boil next year – in other words, finally going before the cameras – isn’t exciting enough, Deadline reports that the equally-as-anticipated and just as delayed “Ghostbusters 3″ might also begin it’s shoot next year.
With “Ghostbusters” director Ivan Reitman hearing from Paramount that they’ll no longer be making his sports comedy “Draft Day”, which Kevin Costner was set to star in, the filmmaker has been freed up to work on the second sequel to his 1984 hit. And that, says Deadline, is exactly what he’ll be doing.
The main hold-up on “Ghostbusters 3″ has been Bill Murray, who has just never been that keen to reprise his role of Peter Venkman for a third film. Despite numerous script rewrites to suit Murray (who would’ve played a ‘Ghost’, at his request, in the picture), and personal pleas from co-star Dan Aykroyd, the Oscar Winning actor said he would not budge – he’s not interested. As such, Aykroyd and Harold Ramis, with Reitman and Sony’s blessing, have decided to push on without him.
How exciting will it be when those set pics from “Ghostbusters 3″ start popping up online mid next year!?
- J.J Abrams turned down Star Wars : Episode VII directing job - December 27, 2012
- TNT’s Leverage to end after five seasons - December 22, 2012
- New trailer for Dreamworks’ Turbo - December 21, 2012
- First Picture of Tom Hardy as the new Mad Max! - December 21, 2012
- 10 Breaking Bits - December 21, 2012
- Seth Rogen’s This is the End has a great Red Band Trailer! - December 21, 2012
- The CW’s Sherwood reintroduces audiences to Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves - December 21, 2012
- Red Band Trailer for The Heat with Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy - December 20, 2012
- 10 Breaking Bits - December 19, 2012
- Vin Diesel to play Kojak - December 18, 2012