As Moviehole exclusively reported a few months back, there’s a bit of spoof hurtling towards cinemas in the new year called “The Starving Games” – it’s a satire of, of course, “Back to the Future Part III”.
Or, “The Hunger Games”.
The Hollywood Reporter says the film, directed by taking-the-piss vets Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer (Panadol-evoking chumps behind instant classic “Meet the Spartans”), has signed Maiara Walsh to play it’s version of Katniss Everdeen – renamed ‘Kantmiss Evershot’ for the sake of a giggle and wizz.
Walsh appears on ABC Family’s “Switched at Birth”.
Brant Daugherty was previously cast as Gale in the flick, who also intends to humourize the events of the “Harry Potter” films, “Sherlock Holmes” and “The Avengers”. Like most of these films, the jokes will feel old and tired – since the features it spoofs will be at least a year or so old – by the time the movie’s out.
- Another Suicide Squad pic : Will Smith as Deadshot! - May 4, 2015
- Han and Chewie on the cover of Vanity Fair! - May 4, 2015
- Avengers star to headline Braveheart sequel? - May 3, 2015
- Spider-Man role down to two… - May 3, 2015
- Grey Hulk was supposed to be in Avengers : Age of Ultron - May 3, 2015
- Shadowhunters casts Simon & Isabelle - May 2, 2015
- Why was Josh Trank fired from Star Wars? - May 2, 2015
- Ninja Turtles 2 nabs an Oscar nominee! - May 1, 2015
- Teaser Trailer : Fifty Shades Darker - May 1, 2015
- Photos : X-Men, Suicide Squad, Batman v Superman - May 1, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.