Former “E.R” star Ming-Na will return to the superhero realm (she had a role in the 1994 film “Street-Fighter” with Jean-Claude Van Damme) for “S.H.I.E.L.D”, Joss Whedon’s small-screen spin-off of “The Avengers”.
Na, also remembered for her role in “The Joy Luck Club”, joins Clark Gregg, who is reprising his role as agent Phil Coulson on the ABC pilot.
Ming-Na will play Agent Melinda May. Soulful and slightly damaged by her combat experiences, Melinda is an ace pilot, a weapons expert and a soldier who can — and has — gone beyond the call of duty. The character was originally listed on the pilot’s casting breakdown as Agent Althea Rice, aka The Cavalry.
Whedon is co-writing the pilot script with his brother Jed Whedon and Maurissa Tancharoen.
- J.J Abrams turned down Star Wars : Episode VII directing job - December 27, 2012
- TNT’s Leverage to end after five seasons - December 22, 2012
- New trailer for Dreamworks’ Turbo - December 21, 2012
- First Picture of Tom Hardy as the new Mad Max! - December 21, 2012
- 10 Breaking Bits - December 21, 2012
- Seth Rogen’s This is the End has a great Red Band Trailer! - December 21, 2012
- The CW’s Sherwood reintroduces audiences to Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves - December 21, 2012
- Red Band Trailer for The Heat with Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy - December 20, 2012
- 10 Breaking Bits - December 19, 2012
- Vin Diesel to play Kojak - December 18, 2012