1. Beginning October 26, all digital showings of “Hotel Transylvania” in Regal Entertainment Group Cinemas around the country will be preceded with a new traditionally animated short directed by the film’s director, 13-time Emmy nominee (and three-time Emmy winner) Genndy Tartakovsky, who also animated every key frame of the new short. Entitled “Goodnight, Mr. Foot,” the short stars none other than the legendary monster Bigfoot, and follows his adventure as he, too, checks in to Dracula’s five-stake resort in search of a little R-and-R, only to find himself faced with an enthusiastic witch-maid, eager to make Mr. Foot’s stay a memorable one.
2. Adam Sandler is teaming with Paramount to conceive a western comedy spoof – of classic cowboy flicks like “The Magnificent Seven” – called “Ridiculous 6″. Sandler and Tim Herlihy are writing the pic, due to get underway in April.
3. Gary Cole (“The West Wing”) has joined TV’s “Veep” for it’s second season. Cole will play a “Karl Rove type of character named Kent” in at least 8 of the show’s 10 episodes that make up the second season.
4. The Courtney Solomon-directed “Getaway”, starring Ethan Hawke as “as a burned-out race car driver forced to get behind the wheel for a criminal scheme when his wife is kidnapped”, has been skedded for August 30, 2013 by Warners. Joel Silver produced, Selena Gomez co-stars, many tyres were blown.
5. Raymond De Felitta has cast Michael Pitt (“Boardwalk Empire”) and Nina Arianda (“Midnight in Paris”) in “Rob the Mob”, about “a couple who target and rob some of New York’s biggest mobsters. Knocking over the city’s criminal underground clubs, the two stumble across something much bigger than they expected. Suddenly, they have everyone from the feds to the mob to their own families after them.”
6. Kirstie Alley has recruited her former “Cheers” co-star Rhea Perlman to join her on her new TV Land sitcom “Giant Baby”. The project “revolves around Madison “Maddie” Banks (Alley), a Broadway star who finds her life turned upside down when Arlo, her long-lost son, turns up looking to connect after his adopted mother has died. Perlman will play Thelma, Maddie’s long-suffering assistant and best friend, who encourages her boss to form a relationship with her son.”
7. Peter Cornwell to direct an adaptation of Stephen King’s “Gamma” for Universal. Australia’s Frances O’Connor is attached to star.
8. Matt Bomer, Marisa Coughlan, Jerry O’Connell, Kali Rocha, Kylie Rogers, Liv Tyler and Patrick Wilson all appear in the upcoming “Space Station 76″, a indie sci-fi/comedy from Jack Plotnick.
9. The cast of Eli Roth’s next, “Inferno” has been announced. The horror pic will feature an ensemble bearing such names as Lorenza Izzo, Ariel Levy, Aaron Burns, Daryl Sabara, Kirby Bliss Blanton, Magda Apanowicz and actress/singer Sky Ferreria.
10. Studio Canal has snapped up the rights to “Monsters : The Dark Continent”, among other films. “Misfits director Tom Green will direct Jay Basu’s script. Seven years on from the events of Monsters, the ‘Infected Zones’ have spread worldwide and two soldiers have to embark on a life-changing mission through the dark heart of monster territory. Producers are James Richardson and Allan Niblo for Vertigo and Ben Pugh and Rory Aitken for Between the Eyes. Monsters director Gareth Edwards and actor Scoot McNairy will executive produce.”
- Joey Potter hires Ray Donovan - January 28, 2015
- Kickboxer star up for Iron Fist? - January 28, 2015
- Imitation Game director resuscitates old Keanu Reeves project - January 28, 2015
- Teaser Trailer : Fantastic Four - January 28, 2015
- Crossbones in spooky supernatural yarn Stephanie - January 28, 2015
- Aussie lad may save America in Independence Day 2 - January 28, 2015
- Watch a Wet Hot American Summer teaser - January 28, 2015
- Jeff Daniels, Aaron Sorkin reunite for Jobs biopic - January 28, 2015
- Chris Pratt as young Indiana Jones!? - January 28, 2015
- Creed punches into production! - January 27, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.