Hirsute song ‘n dance man Hugh Jackman stopped tapping about in claws for a spell to talk to fans online today, the purpose of which was to essentially calm comic-book movie buffs into a relaxed state about the new “Wolverine” movie.
He could’ve just tapped on the web mic and said, in straight-up fashion, “Testing… Testing.. 1. 2. Oh. You’re there? Great guys. So, this one’s not gonna be fucked like the last one. If it is, I’ll autograph my kid on put him on ebay. That’s how confident I am. Bye.”
Instead, Jackman and his “The Wolverine” director James Mangold took a little longer to answer questions.
Here’s some of the highlights of the chat, followed by the chat itself (which will hopefully be live when you get to it).
- “The Wolverine” is a sequel, taking place after the events of the shitty Brett Ratner flick.
- Wolverine will be infused with rage this time. Pissed. Angry. The movie will fix more on these emotions rather than super-powers.
- The film sees Wolverine taken out of his comfort zone and into a country – Japan – that’s sights and people are unfamiliar.
- Though Wolverine will face a number of bad guys in the film, it’s the enemy within that remains his biggest threat.
- The movie is straight-up serious. No campy tongue-in-cheek moments.
- James Mangold used “The Outlaw Josey Wales” as one of the blueprints for “The Wolverine”.
- They shot for about three or four weeks in Japan, but most of the movie has been filmed in Australia.
- Dwayne Johnson gave Jackman some great tips about his training and exercise and eating regiment in the lead-up to the shoot.
- In an effort to remind fans this won’t be some watered-down crap, Mangold said “It’s 100%, undiluted Wolverine”.