Hirsute song ‘n dance man Hugh Jackman stopped tapping about in claws for a spell to talk to fans online today, the purpose of which was to essentially calm comic-book movie buffs into a relaxed state about the new “Wolverine” movie.
He could’ve just tapped on the web mic and said, in straight-up fashion, “Testing… Testing.. 1. 2. Oh. You’re there? Great guys. So, this one’s not gonna be fucked like the last one. If it is, I’ll autograph my kid on put him on ebay. That’s how confident I am. Bye.”
Instead, Jackman and his “The Wolverine” director James Mangold took a little longer to answer questions.
Here’s some of the highlights of the chat, followed by the chat itself (which will hopefully be live when you get to it).
- “The Wolverine” is a sequel, taking place after the events of the shitty Brett Ratner flick.
- Wolverine will be infused with rage this time. Pissed. Angry. The movie will fix more on these emotions rather than super-powers.
- The film sees Wolverine taken out of his comfort zone and into a country – Japan – that’s sights and people are unfamiliar.
- Though Wolverine will face a number of bad guys in the film, it’s the enemy within that remains his biggest threat.
- The movie is straight-up serious. No campy tongue-in-cheek moments.
- James Mangold used “The Outlaw Josey Wales” as one of the blueprints for “The Wolverine”.
- They shot for about three or four weeks in Japan, but most of the movie has been filmed in Australia.
- Dwayne Johnson gave Jackman some great tips about his training and exercise and eating regiment in the lead-up to the shoot.
- In an effort to remind fans this won’t be some watered-down crap, Mangold said “It’s 100%, undiluted Wolverine”.
- Trailer : Masterminds - March 31, 2015
- When will we see the next Star Wars trailer!? - March 31, 2015
- Shrek to appear in new Puss in Boots sequel? - March 31, 2015
- Disney developing live-action Mulan - March 31, 2015
- Tron 3 ascends into title territory - March 31, 2015
- Superhero Movie Updates : X-Men, Suicide Squad, Deadpool, The Flash, TMNT - March 31, 2015
- NBC bringing The Wiz to Television! - March 31, 2015
- Basu boards Metal Gear Solid - March 31, 2015
- Blunt joins Krasinski in Animal Crackers - March 31, 2015
- Aussie film These Final Hours adapted for Television - March 31, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.