Giorgio Serafini is in talks to direct “Rush”, an L.A-set crime thriller headlined by Dolph Lundgren.
The Voltage Pictures production has also enlisted Randy Couture, Lundgren’s co-star in “The Expendables” films, and Vinnie Jones, currently in “Fire with Fire” starring Bruce Willis, for roles in the film.
The movie, said to be in the tradition of “To Live and Die in L.A.”, we’re told is a sexy, action-packed crime-thriller in which the people and places of Los Angeles are as much a focus of the film as the action sequences will be.
Deals with Serafini (“Game of Death”) and the actors are being made, with an official announcement on “Rush” expected to be made at AFM later this week.
Lundgren next appears in the science-fiction actioner “Battle of the Damned”, before appearing in R. Ellis Frazier’s contract-killer thriller “Repeater” opposite Michael Jai White, and Eric Styles’s “Tomb of the Dragon”, with Scott Adkins. He’s also attached to a new TV series “Rescue 3″, scheduled to premiere next fall.
With Ron Howard’s upcoming racecar-driver flick also titled “Rush”, it’s likely Voltage will change the title of this one. But for AFM, it remains… “Rush”.
- Jonah Hill – The Wolf of Wall Street - January 7, 2014
- Martin Scorsese – The Wall of Wall Street - December 27, 2013
- Leonardo DiCaprio – The Wolf of Wall Street - December 27, 2013
- Malone’s Movie Minute : Trance - April 6, 2013
- Trance interviews : James McAvoy, Rosario Dawson, Danny Boyle - April 6, 2013
- Saoirse Ronan - March 30, 2013
- Max Irons & Jake Abel - March 30, 2013
- Diane Kruger - March 30, 2013
- Alicia chats to Andrew Niccol and Stephenie Meyer about The Host - March 30, 2013
- Malone’s Movie Minute : Olympus Has Fallen - March 22, 2013