Ridley Scott (“Prometheus”, “Alien”, “Body of Lies”) has set up a deal to produce six feature films in Ireland – Pierce Brosnan’s terrain, previously – with Focus Features International, Scott Free London and Orchard Media.
The trio are teaming on a slate of six genre low-budget feature films over a period of three years. Ridley Scott will executive produce and present the slate, which will be focused primarily on horror, thriller and science fiction. The films will be in association with Northern Ireland Screen and will shoot primarily in Northern Ireland using resident crew, cast, services and facilities. Focus Features International will handle worldwide sales.
Ridley Scott said: “Our target is to create a structure that enables filmmakers to push boundaries and to excite audiences. Our proposed model of filmmaking allows us to give directors the opportunity to really innovate through narrative, production techniques and distribution strategies.”
Focus Features International’s Alison Thompson commented: “There’s an appetite and market for high-concept low budget films – that combined with Ridley Scott’s pedigree will be very attractive to international buyers.”
- Horrible Bosses 2 Interview : Jason Sudeikis - December 3, 2014
- Jason Sudeikis – Horrible Bosses 2 - December 3, 2014
- Jason Bateman – Horrible Bosses 2 - December 3, 2014
- Horrible Bosses 2 Interview : Jason Bateman - December 3, 2014
- Horrible Bosses 2 Interview : Charlie Day - November 25, 2014
- Charlie Day – Horrible Bosses 2 - November 25, 2014
- Horrible Bosses 2 Interview : Chris Pine - November 25, 2014
- Chris Pine – Horrible Bosses 2 - November 24, 2014
- Arrow Picture Spoiler - November 10, 2014
- Skyline sequel nabs Crossbones - November 9, 2014