Update : Clint tells me Kimble Rendall isn’t onboard to direct the sequel.
All sorts of large-postered goodies hanging about the American Film Market in Santa Monica this week.
One film being promoted, pre-production, that caught Bloody Disgusting‘s eye was “Bait 2″, a sequel to the Kimble Rendall directed shark-in-a-supermarket movie from a few months back (that has since gone on to be one of the highest grossing U.S films in China).
The site managed to get a flyer containing some artwork for the film, and the synopsis – which suggests it’s set in a school this time.
In the sequel, “It’s just another perfect day in the City of Angels. That is, until a three mile long, 100-foot tsunami completely obliterates Los Angeles, not only destroying it, but effectively wiping it from the map. However, for five students in a private school, on detention and missing out on a class trip, they turn out to be the lucky ones…or are they? Because before the day is through they will have to battle a tidal wave, the elements, each other, aftershocks, and worst of all, a 15-foot Great White Shark that has decided to make the school they are trapped in its new hunting ground. With the water constantly rising, fraying tempers, nowhere for them to go, and one of nature’s perfect sea creatures actively pursuing them, they are about to be taught a lesson in survival.”
- Tony Jaa joins the cast of Fast & Furious 7 - August 24, 2013
- Ronan the villain of Guardians of the Galaxy - August 24, 2013
- Field remakes Inbetweeners, Lowery reunites with Affleck - August 23, 2013
- Penthouse North - August 16, 2013
- Hammer of the Gods - August 16, 2013
- First Position - August 16, 2013
- Be standing for presidential stills from Parkland - August 13, 2013
- Powell joins Expendables 3; Filming kicks off next week - August 13, 2013
- TV : Slade on Crossbones; Four join The Knick - August 13, 2013
- Always knew Mary Jane Watson was a bit of a Midnight Special - August 13, 2013