Director Rob Reiner’s “You Belong to Me” has attracted the interest of both Harrison Ford and Zac Efron, according to Screen Daily.
The thriller, Reiner’s first since 1991’s “Misery”, would star Efron (definitely branching out into more dramatic fare of late, with “The Paperboy” and now this) as a young man, whose sister recently committed suicide, who develops a close relationship with his shrink – ultimately involving himself in all aspect’s of the psychiatrist’s life. Ford, next in the thriller “Paranoia”, would play the smothered shrink.
“I love thrillers and haven’t done one since Misery [in 1990],” said Reiner, whose other credits include “The Princess Bride” and “When Harry, Met Sally”. “I haven’t seen a script cross my desk that’s as exciting as this in a long time.”
Foresight Unlimited will back the film, which is being presented to buyers at AFM this week.
“You Belong to Me” is set to begins shooting in March.
- Tony Jaa joins the cast of Fast & Furious 7 - August 24, 2013
- Ronan the villain of Guardians of the Galaxy - August 24, 2013
- Field remakes Inbetweeners, Lowery reunites with Affleck - August 23, 2013
- Penthouse North - August 16, 2013
- Hammer of the Gods - August 16, 2013
- First Position - August 16, 2013
- Be standing for presidential stills from Parkland - August 13, 2013
- Powell joins Expendables 3; Filming kicks off next week - August 13, 2013
- TV : Slade on Crossbones; Four join The Knick - August 13, 2013
- Always knew Mary Jane Watson was a bit of a Midnight Special - August 13, 2013