They’re not giving those muscles much time to relax themselves.
The next installment of “The Expendables” is ready to roll, by the sounds, with Sylvester Stallone already reaching out to some of his contemporaries to join the aging action-hero squadron.
Nicolas Cage, who Sly wanted for “The Expendables 2″, is reportedly definitely in this time around.
In addition, Sly hopes to bring ‘Expendables’ star Mickey Rourke back (he didn’t appear in the first sequel, for some reason) and entice Harrison Ford and Wesley Snipes to enlist.
El Pais quotes Stallone saying, (and the translation is a little off) “We are preparing the film with the same passion and commitment as the previous two. We have confirmed Nicolas Cage, a master actor who gives a veneer intellectual group. Hopefully we can realize to Harrison Ford, Wesley Snipes and Mickey Rourke. That is the great mission of the producer. We will continue with the same narrative scheme, the agility and the frenzy, which are inherent to the saga.”
I love it that Stallone is chasing these big names for “Expendables 3″, but what of some of the forgotten action heroes of yesteryear? Maybe Michael Biehn or Jeff Speakman? And I also had a giant crush on Jeff Speakman (my brother forced me to watch “The Perfect Weapon” and it, and its star, became a favourite fairly quickly) – boy, wouldn’t it be nice to have him back on the big screen! And, dare I suggest, Burt Reynolds!?
Thanks to ‘Collider‘
- J.J Abrams turned down Star Wars : Episode VII directing job - December 27, 2012
- TNT’s Leverage to end after five seasons - December 22, 2012
- New trailer for Dreamworks’ Turbo - December 21, 2012
- First Picture of Tom Hardy as the new Mad Max! - December 21, 2012
- 10 Breaking Bits - December 21, 2012
- Seth Rogen’s This is the End has a great Red Band Trailer! - December 21, 2012
- The CW’s Sherwood reintroduces audiences to Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves - December 21, 2012
- Red Band Trailer for The Heat with Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy - December 20, 2012
- 10 Breaking Bits - December 19, 2012
- Vin Diesel to play Kojak - December 18, 2012