1. Jared Leto, the actor cum musician cum actor, is returning to his roots. The “Urban Legend” star will play a flamboyant cross-dresser in the Matthew McConaughey A.I.D.S drama “The Dallas Buyers Club”.
2. Early screenings of Matt Damon, Gus Van Sant & John Krasinski’s “Promised Land” has had attendees gushing afterwards. The movie hits cinemas December 28.
3. Three new clips from “Lincoln” have com online.
4. Dominic Cooper (“Abraham Lincoln : Vampire Hunter”) is in talks to join the “Need for Speed” movie adaptation, opposite Imogen Poots and Aaron Paul.
5. A teaser for the “World War Z” trailer, featuring Brad Pitt and a mass of zombies, is online.
6. The first look at Tom Hanks as Walt Disney in “Saving Mr. Banks” is online.
7. The first synopsis for Liam Neeson’s airplane thriller “Non-Stop” has arrived :
Coming off his smash hit TAKEN 2, Liam Neeson partners once again with UNKNOWN director Jaume Collet-Serra and producer Joel Silver. This time Collet-Serra goes a step further, plunging the audience into a movie that is at once a labyrinthine mystery, a high-octane action picture and a twist-filled Hitchcockian thriller where no one can be trusted and everyone is a suspect.
Bill Marks (Liam Neeson) is a burned-out veteran of the Air Marshals service. He views the assignment not as a life-saving duty, but as a desk job in the sky. However, today’s flight will be no routine trip.
Shortly into the transatlantic journey from New York to London, he receives a series of mysterious text messages ordering him to have the government transfer $150 million into a secret account, or a passenger will die very 20 minutes. What follows is a nail-biting cat and mouse game played at 40,000 feet, with the lives of 200 passengers hanging in the balance.
NON-STOP isn’t just an action film, but a 500mph rush of adrenaline, suspense and excitement.
8. There’s a new TV spot for “Les Miserables” online.
9. “Ted” actress Mila Kunis is producing a new 1970′s feminist drama for the CW called “Meridian Hills”. The show “is set in a boozy Midwest country club circa 1972, when the Equal Rights Amendment had just passed the Congress to begin a long and difficult process of state ratification. It centers on a young, newly married woman who joins the Junior League, discovering an eclectic group of other young women who become unlikely allies in her quest to change the system.”
10. The final season of “Spartacus”, “Spartacus : War of the Damned” will debut Jan 25 on Starz.