“AdventureLand” duo Kristen Wiig and Bill Hader – also former sparring partners on “Saturday Night Live” – will reunite for “The Skeleton Twins”, a new indie comedy also starring Luke Wilson (“Old School”, “Charlie’s Angels”), reports Variety.
Craig Johnson (“True Adolescents”) directs the film, which the Duplass brothers serve as producers on, in which Wiig and Hader play estranged twins Maggie and Milo, who “coincidentally cheat death on the same day, prompting them to reunite and confront how their lives went so wrong. For Maggie, that means re-examining her marriage to sweet “nature frat boy” Lance (Wilson), while her gay brother Milo revisits his old flame Rich, a former teacher with a past he’d rather keep quiet. As the twins’ reunion reinvigorates them both, they realize the key to fixing their lives may lie in fixing their relationship with each other.”
The movie, based on a script by Mark Heyman, begins lensing at the end of the month in New York.
Singularly, Hader will next be seen in CBS Films’ “The To Do List”, while Wiig is in “Imogene” and Ben Stiller’s “Secret Life of Walter Mitty” remake.
- Top Gun coming to IMAX 3D in February - December 12, 2012
- Lenny Kravitz to play Marvin Gaye - November 27, 2012
- 10 Breaking Bits - November 20, 2012
- Kristen Wiig and Bill Hader reunite for The Skeleton Twins - November 8, 2012
- Craig doesn’t sound optimisitc about Dragon Tattoo sequel - November 7, 2012
- Sean Connery nearly made a cameo in Skyfall - November 7, 2012
- 10 Breaking Bits - November 7, 2012
- Trailer for 30 Nights of Paranormal Activity With The Devil Inside the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - October 24, 2012
- Galactica vet Katee Sackhoff joins all-female Expendables - October 6, 2012
- Midnighters book trilogy to become TV series - October 6, 2012