A sequel to the controversial (but fairly low-brow) political mini-series “The Kennedys”, with Greg Kinnear and Katie Holmes giving fine but forgettable turns as John F.Kennedy and Jackie Onassis, is in the works.
Deadline says Reelz Channel, who aired the original series after the History Channel dropped it (due to political pressure from the Kennedy clan, they say), is eyeing another 8-episodes of the show – it’ll pick-up where the last one left off, after the assassination of Bobby Kennedy (Barry Pepper).
Assumingly – unless they’re planning flashbacks – the sequel series will be without Kinnear and Pepper.
The mini-series will be based on the book “After Camelot”, which tells of events spanning the late ’60s to now.
Teddy Kennedy is sure to be a much coveted role!
- J.J Abrams turned down Star Wars : Episode VII directing job - December 27, 2012
- TNT’s Leverage to end after five seasons - December 22, 2012
- New trailer for Dreamworks’ Turbo - December 21, 2012
- First Picture of Tom Hardy as the new Mad Max! - December 21, 2012
- 10 Breaking Bits - December 21, 2012
- Seth Rogen’s This is the End has a great Red Band Trailer! - December 21, 2012
- The CW’s Sherwood reintroduces audiences to Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves - December 21, 2012
- Red Band Trailer for The Heat with Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy - December 20, 2012
- 10 Breaking Bits - December 19, 2012
- Vin Diesel to play Kojak - December 18, 2012