Nicholas Hope (“Bad Boy Bubby”) is back wearing the sadistic skivvy in the unnerving “Redd Inc”, a crafty new thriller that – and it’s a rarity these days – spends as much time on character as it does concept.
Hope’s Thomas ‘Redd’ Reddman , a businessman cum serial-killer, has escaped from a mental institution, where he played guinea pig to some cruel, nightmare-evoking experiments. He’s now nabbed himself six people, all whom played a part in his conviction and incarceration, who he’s trapped in a makeshift office where their main duty is to find the real culprit behind the killings he swears he’s innocent of.
Bloody, darkly humorous, thrilling but mostly just welcomingly original – sure, there’s a few pick-off’s from horror classics of years gone by, but by-and-large, the libretto plays fresh – and complete with Hope’s finely-chilled performance, “Red Incc” is worth a witness.
Extras : Extras on the disc include a couple of intriguing featurettes, a making-of, some deleted scenes (still not a fan of these; in my opinion, what’s not fit for the film, isn’t fit for eye consumption), and a teaser. Good package of extra helpings.
- First look at Lena Dunham in Scandal - March 6, 2015
- Alec Baldwin to play New York Mayor in HBO pilot - March 6, 2015
- Mr T, Tom Selleck, Scott Bakula for Expendables TV show? - March 6, 2015
- Mangold reveals when Wolverine 3 will begin filming - March 6, 2015
- Jared Leto unveils his ‘Joker’ haircut - March 6, 2015
- Toy Story 4 will be of a different genre than the previous three? - March 5, 2015
- Idris Elba reprising Luther for two-part special - March 5, 2015
- Netflix announce new Brit Marling series - March 5, 2015
- Walden Media to co-finance, co-produce Spielberg’s BFG - March 5, 2015
- Trailer : Ghoul - March 5, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.