Nicholas Hope (“Bad Boy Bubby”) is back wearing the sadistic skivvy in the unnerving “Redd Inc”, a crafty new thriller that – and it’s a rarity these days – spends as much time on character as it does concept.
Hope’s Thomas ‘Redd’ Reddman , a businessman cum serial-killer, has escaped from a mental institution, where he played guinea pig to some cruel, nightmare-evoking experiments. He’s now nabbed himself six people, all whom played a part in his conviction and incarceration, who he’s trapped in a makeshift office where their main duty is to find the real culprit behind the killings he swears he’s innocent of.
Bloody, darkly humorous, thrilling but mostly just welcomingly original – sure, there’s a few pick-off’s from horror classics of years gone by, but by-and-large, the libretto plays fresh – and complete with Hope’s finely-chilled performance, “Red Incc” is worth a witness.
Extras : Extras on the disc include a couple of intriguing featurettes, a making-of, some deleted scenes (still not a fan of these; in my opinion, what’s not fit for the film, isn’t fit for eye consumption), and a teaser. Good package of extra helpings.
- Jeremy London, Ethan Suplee returning for Mallrats 2 - March 28, 2015
- Dorff gets a badge for Texas Chainsaw prequel - March 28, 2015
- Another ’90s TV Hit returning! - March 28, 2015
- Super Troopers 2 director answers those lingering questions! - March 28, 2015
- Blade Runner actress nixed from sequel? - March 28, 2015
- Transformers sequels, spin offs in the works - March 28, 2015
- Seinfeld fave in talks for Force Majeure remake - March 28, 2015
- Beauty and the Beast finds it’s Garderobe - March 28, 2015
- First look at Patrick Stewart in Blunt Talk - March 28, 2015
- Cast announced for School of Rock TV series - March 28, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.