One of Hollywood’s favourite Scotsmen James McAvoy is set to play a key role in the upcoming Wikileaks film alongside his “Atonement” cast-mate.
Deadline says McAvoy is in negotiations for the part of Daniel Domscheit-Berg, the friend and wing-man of Julian Assange – who will be played by Benedict Cumberbatch.
Domscheit-Berg’s book “Inside Wikileaks: My time with Julian Assange at the world’s most dangerous website” is partly what the film is based on – so he’s a pretty key character!
“Breaking Dawn” Twiglight director Bill Condon is in charge to direct under the watchful eye of Dreamworks.
This is just one of the many Wikileaks/Julian Assange themed films in the works – how do you like the sound of this one?
- Exclusive : McKay talks Lego Movie sequel - March 25, 2014
- Zombie shooter gets himself some Hot Wheels - October 18, 2013
- 10 Breaking Bits - May 30, 2013
- Three Days to Kill skedded for February release - May 29, 2013
- Universal rebooting Timecop - May 23, 2013
- Trailer and Poster for Byzantium - May 22, 2013
- Good Morning Shanghai! Barry Levinson directs Cursed Piano - May 22, 2013
- MH talks to The Great Gatsby‘s Joel Edgerton - May 5, 2013
- Joel Edgerton - May 5, 2013
- Set-Visit Interviews : The Great Gatsby - May 2, 2013