Never one to shy away from a task, filmmaker Chris Columbus has a new challenge – finding the perfect boy to play 7 year old Jesus in an upcoming film.
The picture is based on Anne Rice’s fiction “Christ the Lord: Out of Egypt” – telling the story from the perspective of young Jesus when his family flees Egypt for Nazareth.
The worldwide casting call has been put out – here’s what they’re looking for:
He is a very special seven-year-old boy with a buoyant energy and magnetic charm, as well as quiet intensity. In many ways a normal young boy, he is beginning to understand his divine nature; at times we see in him a soulful quality, an unspoken intelligence and a deep stillness. Should have no specific regional accent. We will be looking at boys who are age 7 to 10 (if 9/10 then small for their age) and will consider children of all ethnicities.
No pressure or anything.
Cyrus Nowrasteh – who helmed the controversial “The Path to 9/11″ is directing and co-writing the screenplay; so it’s bound to get some chatter in the lead-up to the release.
- Exclusive : McKay talks Lego Movie sequel - March 25, 2014
- Zombie shooter gets himself some Hot Wheels - October 18, 2013
- 10 Breaking Bits - May 30, 2013
- Three Days to Kill skedded for February release - May 29, 2013
- Universal rebooting Timecop - May 23, 2013
- Trailer and Poster for Byzantium - May 22, 2013
- Good Morning Shanghai! Barry Levinson directs Cursed Piano - May 22, 2013
- MH talks to The Great Gatsby‘s Joel Edgerton - May 5, 2013
- Joel Edgerton - May 5, 2013
- Set-Visit Interviews : The Great Gatsby - May 2, 2013