Seems most top-tier filmmakers are too afraid to touch “Star Wars”, fearing the full brunt of the force will come down upon them if they disappoint, even slightly, the fan base.
J.J Abrams (“Star Trek”) and Jon Favreau (“Iron Man”) would likely pass on the opportunity to direct one of the three new “Star Wars” movies, the filmmakers tell Hollywood Life.
Said Abrams, “Look, Star Wars is one of my favorite movies of all time. I frankly feel that – I almost feel that, in a weird way, the opportunity for whomever it is to direct that movie, it comes with the burden of being that kind of iconic movie and series. I was never a big Star Trek fan growing up, so for me, working on Star Trek didn’t have any of that, you know, almost fatal sacrilege, and so, I am looking forward more then anyone to the next iterations of Star Wars, but I believe I will be going as a paying moviegoer!”
Favreau feels the same way. “I think both J.J. and I come from a generation of people who formed our whole creative persona around what we experienced as kids from watching those films, and I have had the good fortune of working with George [Lucas] and around George, and whether it is doing a voice on Clone Wars, or being at the Skywalker Ranch mixing Iron Man – so I have been very happy and lucky to just experience the culture that Lucas has created, both in my own life growing up as a kid and professional – whether it was interviewing him at film festivals on stage, he is just a really wonderful, talented gifted guy who has changed the business so much, so I am just giddy, first and foremost as a fan, to see what happens with it. I think there is a lot of question marks of how they are going to do it, and who they are going to do it with, and what the story is going to be about; but to say that I am not excited about it is definitely an understatement. We’ll see.”
“Star Wars Episode VII”, due in 2015, is written by Michael Arndt; the film will reportedly fix on the further adventures of Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, Han Solo and their families.
- First image from Autobahn starring Nicholas Hoult - December 7, 2014
- First Looks : Insurgent, Hail Caesar! - December 6, 2014
- News Briefs – December 6, 2015 - December 6, 2014
- Christensen, Craig talk Spectre - December 6, 2014
- Director fired from Star Trek 3 - December 6, 2014
- Russell Madness in theaters February 21 - December 5, 2014
- Schwarzenegger answers Terminator : Genisys trailer questions! - December 5, 2014
- Pauly Shore says Encino Man 2 might happen - December 5, 2014
- Luke Evans flies from The Crow - December 5, 2014
- Pratt saddling up for Magnificent Seven remake? - December 5, 2014
50 Shades of Grey.
Hitting the Gym at the start of each day.
Lord of the Rings.
Color of Night
Writing health, beauty, sexual education stories.
Taking my 'cutting' Bra off at the end of the day.
Handsome, charming men.
Sex & Lucia
Champagne at a media screening!
Dodgeball (the movie)
Hamish & Andy