Aussie director James Wan, whose new film “The Conjuring” is garnering great buzz, will direct a long-gestating film version of ’80s TV series “MacGyver”. The project hails from the same crowd he did “The Conjuring” with (possibility of Patrick Wilson playing MacGyver too.. maybe?!).
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Wan’s film won’t be a big-budget action extravaganza, but something modestly budgeted. It won’t be a comedy spoof either – that ground already well-covered by the recent “MacGruber”.
Jason Richman (“Bangkok Dangerous”, “Bad Company”) wrote the first draft of the movie script.
- J.J Abrams turned down Star Wars : Episode VII directing job - December 27, 2012
- TNT’s Leverage to end after five seasons - December 22, 2012
- New trailer for Dreamworks’ Turbo - December 21, 2012
- First Picture of Tom Hardy as the new Mad Max! - December 21, 2012
- 10 Breaking Bits - December 21, 2012
- Seth Rogen’s This is the End has a great Red Band Trailer! - December 21, 2012
- The CW’s Sherwood reintroduces audiences to Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves - December 21, 2012
- Red Band Trailer for The Heat with Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy - December 20, 2012
- 10 Breaking Bits - December 19, 2012
- Vin Diesel to play Kojak - December 18, 2012