2. Jon Spaihts, the co-writer of “Prometheus”, has confirmed that “Aliens : Engineers”, a script that did the rounds a year or two back, is indeed real. That’s where it all started. There’s also a breakdown of all the differences between the two scripts here.
3. John Hawkes replaced Mark Ruffalo as Jazz pianist Joe Albany in the film “Low Down”.
4. Neil Finn’s ‘Song of the Lonely Mountain’, which serves as the theme song to “The Hobbit”, is online.
5. Anne Hathaway has confirmed her involvement in Steven Spielberg’s “Robopocalypse”.
6. Some beautiful new images from “Oz : The Great & Powerful” have emerged, like the one below.
7. Mena Suvari (“American Reunion”) and Henry Simmons (“NYPD Blue”) have been added to the cast of the telemovie “Stalkers”, which may spawn a series. ” Based on Rhonda Saunders’ book Whisper of Fear: The True Story of the Prosecutor Who Stalks the Stalkers, the two-hour telepic serves as a back-door pilot and revolves around Diane Harper (The Sopranos’ Drea De Matteo), the hot-headed cop with a troubled past who teams with a polished district attorney Julia Whitman (Prison Break’s Jodi Lyn O’Keefe) to bring a stalker (Suvari) obsessed with her former lover to justice.”
8. Matthew Lillard (“The Descendants”) will star in the new FX Drama pilot “The Bridge”. ”Adapted from the Scandinavian series I Bron, The Bridge revolves around a pair of detectives from the U.S. and Mexico who work together to track down a serial killer operating on both sides of the American-Mexican border. Demian Bichir (A Better Life) stars as Marco Ruiz, a Mexican detective who has everything his El Paso homicide counterpart Sonya North (Diane Kruger, Inglourious Basterds) doesn’t: a spouse, family and the ability to relate to others.Should the Bridge earn a series order, Lillard will heavily recur as Daniel Frye, a cocky reporter with the El Paso Times whose hard partying ways have taken a toll on his once promising journalism career.”
9. Loretta Devine (“Grey’s Anatomy”), Ali Larter (“Heroes”), Jason Ritter (“Parenthood”), Ernie Hudson (“Ghostbusters”), Frances Fisher (“Titanic”), Marcia Gay Harden (“Millers Crossing”) and Julian McMahon (“Bait”) will star in George C. Wolfe’s adaptation of the book “You’re Not You”.
10. A TV teaser for “Young Doctors Notebook”, starring Daniel Radcliffe and Jon Hamm, is online.
- J.J Abrams turned down Star Wars : Episode VII directing job - December 27, 2012
- TNT’s Leverage to end after five seasons - December 22, 2012
- New trailer for Dreamworks’ Turbo - December 21, 2012
- First Picture of Tom Hardy as the new Mad Max! - December 21, 2012
- 10 Breaking Bits - December 21, 2012
- Seth Rogen’s This is the End has a great Red Band Trailer! - December 21, 2012
- The CW’s Sherwood reintroduces audiences to Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves - December 21, 2012
- Red Band Trailer for The Heat with Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy - December 20, 2012
- 10 Breaking Bits - December 19, 2012
- Vin Diesel to play Kojak - December 18, 2012