Not surprisingly, what with a writer now hired and production inching closer, the director’s wish-list for “Star Wars Episode VII” has been whittled down to only a couple of names.
Frank Marshall, husband of Lucasfilm’s Kathleen Kennedy, says he has some “inside info on the director] but I can’t reveal it, or I won’t be alive tomorrow.”
Marshall, who has produced such films as “Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull”, says there’s only “a couple of candidates, but I don’t know how soon that will be revealed.”
Is “Captain America” director Joe Johnston on that short-list? Maybe.
Johnston worked on the effects side of things on the original “Star Wars” trilogy (and has been openly discussing the idea of a ‘Boba Fett’ spin-off movie), which might open the door for him a little wider than it would others.
The Huffington Post asked Johnston whether he might be keen on directing it.
“A lot would depend on what ‘it’ is. I am very glad to see LucasFilm cranking up to get productive again, regardless of who ends up doing it.”
Hopefully we’ll find out soon!
- First image from Autobahn starring Nicholas Hoult - December 7, 2014
- First Looks : Insurgent, Hail Caesar! - December 6, 2014
- News Briefs – December 6, 2015 - December 6, 2014
- Christensen, Craig talk Spectre - December 6, 2014
- Director fired from Star Trek 3 - December 6, 2014
- Russell Madness in theaters February 21 - December 5, 2014
- Schwarzenegger answers Terminator : Genisys trailer questions! - December 5, 2014
- Pauly Shore says Encino Man 2 might happen - December 5, 2014
- Luke Evans flies from The Crow - December 5, 2014
- Pratt saddling up for Magnificent Seven remake? - December 5, 2014
50 Shades of Grey.
Hitting the Gym at the start of each day.
Lord of the Rings.
Color of Night
Writing health, beauty, sexual education stories.
Taking my 'cutting' Bra off at the end of the day.
Handsome, charming men.
Sex & Lucia
Champagne at a media screening!
Dodgeball (the movie)
Hamish & Andy