“Sinister” and “Exorcism of Emily Rose” helmer Scott Derrickson has signed on to direct a feature take on the video game “Deus Ex : Human Revolution” for CBS films.
Derrickson, who also helmed “The Day The Earth Stood Still”, will also write the screenplay for the film with C. Robert Cargill (”Sinister”). Roy Lee and Adrian Askarieh are attached to produce the film withJohn P. Middleton serving as Executive Producer.
Set in the near future, when dramatic advances in science, specifically human augmentation, have triggered a technological renaissance, Deus Ex: Human Revolution follows Adam Jensen, an ex-SWAT security specialist who must embrace mechanical augments in order to unravel a global conspiracy.
“Deus Ex is a phenomenal cyberpunk game with soul and intelligence,” said Derrickson, who continued, “By combining amazing action and tension with big, philosophical ideas, Deus Ex is smart, ballsy, and will make one hell of a movie. Cargill and I can’t wait to bring it to the big screen.”
The ”Deus Ex” franchise was originally introduced in June 2000. Its latest entry, ”Deus Ex: Human Revolution”, launched to universal acclaim in 2011, ranking #1 across global sales charts and earning over 100 industry awards. Developed by Eidos-Montréal and published by Square Enix, ”Deus Ex: Human Revolution” will serve as the primary template for the film.
Executive Vice President of Production Maria Faillace and Creative Executive Alex Ginno are overseeing the project for CBS Films.
- Tony Jaa joins the cast of Fast & Furious 7 - August 24, 2013
- Ronan the villain of Guardians of the Galaxy - August 24, 2013
- Field remakes Inbetweeners, Lowery reunites with Affleck - August 23, 2013
- Penthouse North - August 16, 2013
- Hammer of the Gods - August 16, 2013
- First Position - August 16, 2013
- Be standing for presidential stills from Parkland - August 13, 2013
- Powell joins Expendables 3; Filming kicks off next week - August 13, 2013
- TV : Slade on Crossbones; Four join The Knick - August 13, 2013
- Always knew Mary Jane Watson was a bit of a Midnight Special - August 13, 2013