The axe has swung on a couple of freshman series, the CBS comedy “Partners”, as well as ABC’s “666 Park Avenue” and “Last Resort”.
“Partners”, featuring David Krumholtz and Brandon Routh, was a fairly dreadful affair – the kind of unfunny sitcom the net’s used to flip out in their dozens, like a cafe does toasted sandwiches on a grill, in the late ’80s. So no surprise it’s gone.
The other two, “666 Park Avenue” and “Last Resort”, the latter in particular, are bigger losses. “666” wasn’t a great series by any account, but it did feature a terrific Terry O’Quinn in the lead role of a devilish building owner. Pity the writing didn’t match O’Quinn’s turn in the thing. “Last Resort” had real potential – a great plot, with a terrific ensemble cast, and a complex, well-written scenario that saw it garner “Lost” comparisons. Sadly, it was too high-brow for a commercial net.
- Avengers star to headline Braveheart sequel? - May 3, 2015
- Spider-Man role down to two… - May 3, 2015
- Grey Hulk was supposed to be in Avengers : Age of Ultron - May 3, 2015
- Shadowhunters casts Simon & Isabelle - May 2, 2015
- Why was Josh Trank fired from Star Wars? - May 2, 2015
- Ninja Turtles 2 nabs an Oscar nominee! - May 1, 2015
- Teaser Trailer : Fifty Shades Darker - May 1, 2015
- Photos : X-Men, Suicide Squad, Batman v Superman - May 1, 2015
- Trailer : Tangerine - May 1, 2015
- New poster for Elijah Wood starrer Cooties - May 1, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.