The sequel to “The Amazing Spider-Man” has moved on from Mary Jane Watson (Shailene Woodley nabbed the part) and villain Electro (Jamie Foxx will play the role) to now casting the part of Peter Parker’s boyhood pal Harry Osborn.
A quartet of actors are testing for the role of Spidey’s pal, played by James Franco in the previous films, says The Hollywood Reporter.
“Snow White & The Huntsman” star Sam Claflin, “My Week with Marilyn”‘s Eddie Redmayne, Douglas Booth (“LOL”), and Boyd Holbrook, who appears in the upcoming “The Host”, are apparently testing for the part today.
Though producers were initially looking for an actor apt to play a brooding, dark type Osborn (not unlike Franco’s incarnation), ‘good looks’ and ‘athleticism’ are now the core prerequisites.
The “Spider-Man” sequel, which will again star Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone as Peter Parker and Gwen Stacey, respectively, will be directed by Marc Webb.
- J.J Abrams turned down Star Wars : Episode VII directing job - December 27, 2012
- TNT’s Leverage to end after five seasons - December 22, 2012
- New trailer for Dreamworks’ Turbo - December 21, 2012
- First Picture of Tom Hardy as the new Mad Max! - December 21, 2012
- 10 Breaking Bits - December 21, 2012
- Seth Rogen’s This is the End has a great Red Band Trailer! - December 21, 2012
- The CW’s Sherwood reintroduces audiences to Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves - December 21, 2012
- Red Band Trailer for The Heat with Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy - December 20, 2012
- 10 Breaking Bits - December 19, 2012
- Vin Diesel to play Kojak - December 18, 2012