Lenny Kravitz will play Marvin Gaye in the Julian Temple-helmed biopic on the muso, says Deadline.
The Gaye project is scheduled to start filming next year and will focus on the time Gaye spent in London in the early 1980s, when the soul singer attempted to get his addictions under control and career back on track with the help of British music promoter Freddy Cousaert. Gaye was shot by his father and died in Los Angeles on April 1, 1984.
Though Kravitz has started to pop up in more-and-more movies in recent times, including “The Hunger Games” and “Precious”, this will be the first leading role for the singer. Temple helmed the ’80s cult classic “Absolute Beginners” starring David Bowie.
- Top Gun coming to IMAX 3D in February - December 12, 2012
- Lenny Kravitz to play Marvin Gaye - November 27, 2012
- 10 Breaking Bits - November 20, 2012
- Kristen Wiig and Bill Hader reunite for The Skeleton Twins - November 8, 2012
- Craig doesn’t sound optimisitc about Dragon Tattoo sequel - November 7, 2012
- Sean Connery nearly made a cameo in Skyfall - November 7, 2012
- 10 Breaking Bits - November 7, 2012
- Trailer for 30 Nights of Paranormal Activity With The Devil Inside the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - October 24, 2012
- Galactica vet Katee Sackhoff joins all-female Expendables - October 6, 2012
- Midnighters book trilogy to become TV series - October 6, 2012