Director Ridley Scott and Fox2000 have tapped D.W Harper (“All You Need is Kill”) to write the screenplay for “Forever War”, Scott’s long-gestating film version of Joe Halderman’s science-fiction novel, says Deadline.
“Alien” director Scott has been trying to get the film off-the-ground for 25 years. Harper’s anointment to the writing room suggests it may inching forward – or, in the very least, intangibly flashing a pulse.
Richard Edlund, who worked the visual effects on “Raiders of the Lost Ark”, originally intended to make the film his directorial debut – many, many moons ago. After Edlund failed to make a film of Halderman’s yarn, Scott’s crowd stepped in. And, in 2008, Fox 2000.
The award winning book, says the trade, has “A soldier reluctantly battle an enemy in deep space, and while he spends a short time in battle, the time dilation of space channel causes him to return home to a planet that has aged to the point it is almost unrecognizable to the soldier.”
Ridley Scott seems quite content in beaching in science-fiction land for a while; in addition to this year’s “Prometheus”, he’s developing that film’s sequel, plus a follow-up to his 1982 classic “Blade Runner”, with “War” his fourth in the genre in recent times.
- First look at Lena Dunham in Scandal - March 6, 2015
- Alec Baldwin to play New York Mayor in HBO pilot - March 6, 2015
- Mr T, Tom Selleck, Scott Bakula for Expendables TV show? - March 6, 2015
- Mangold reveals when Wolverine 3 will begin filming - March 6, 2015
- Jared Leto unveils his ‘Joker’ haircut - March 6, 2015
- Toy Story 4 will be of a different genre than the previous three? - March 5, 2015
- Idris Elba reprising Luther for two-part special - March 5, 2015
- Netflix announce new Brit Marling series - March 5, 2015
- Walden Media to co-finance, co-produce Spielberg’s BFG - March 5, 2015
- Trailer : Ghoul - March 5, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.