Joel Edgerton may return to the Galaxy far, far away for a role in Marvel’s latest superhero blockbuster.
The “Great Gatsby” star is one of a half-a-dozen actors being considered for the lead role of Peter Quill in director James Gunn’s “Guardians of the Galaxy”, according to Deadline.
Science-fiction versed Edgerton, who appeared in the “Star Wars” prequels, as well as the recent remake of “The Thing”, is on a list that also includes Lee Pace (“Breaking Dawn Part 2″), Eddie Redmayne (“Les Miserables”), Jack Huston (“Boardwalk Empire”), and Jim Sturgess (“Cloud Atlas”). There’s also whispers that Sullivan Stapleton (“Animal Kingdom”), James Marsden (“X-Men”) and Garett Hedlund (“On the Road”) may be in the mix.
Peter Quill, born to a human mother and alien father, is the human constituent of the “Galaxy” team. Should be a good part for any actor (willing to agree to a nine-picture deal).
- Jetsons animated movie in the works - January 24, 2015
- New poster for Tom Hardy thrilller Child 44 - January 22, 2015
- Rob Lowe playing man of the cloth in new TV series - January 21, 2015
- The Interview hits Netflix this weekend - January 21, 2015
- Stuart Beattie writing high Voltage project - January 21, 2015
- Bruce Willis’s next straight-to-disc dud will be… - January 21, 2015
- The Girl with the Reliable R2 Unit - January 21, 2015
- Lee, Ashbrook, Fenn, Ontkean back for Twin Peaks - January 19, 2015
- Gremlins reboot on pause - January 18, 2015
- Star of new Ring sequel announced - January 18, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.