CBS has ordered Stephen King’s “Under the Dome” mini-series straight to series for a Summer 2013 launch.
The Hollywood Reporter says Niels Arden Oplev, who directed the original Swedish “Girl With the Dragon Tattoo”, will direct the first episode.
Based on the book about locals at a small New England town that is suddenly sealed off from the rest of the world by an enormous transparent dome, its residents must deal with surviving the postapocalyptic conditions while searching for answers to what the barrier is, where it came from and when — and if — it will go away.
“This is a great novel coming to the television screen with outstanding auspices and in-season production values to create a summer programming event,” CBS Entertainment president Nina Tassler said in announcing the news. “We’re excited to transport audiences ‘under the dome’ and into the extraordinary world that Stephen King has imagined.”
The “Under the Dome” books will be re-issued next year to help promote the series.
- Palmer, Hemsworth join Stender’s Kill Me Three Times - September 18, 2013
- Trailer : Machete Kills - September 18, 2013
- Chris Wedge to direct Monster Trucks movie for Paramount Animation - August 1, 2013
- Sarah Connor Chronicles‘ Josh Friedman writing Cameron’s Avatar 2 - August 1, 2013
- Damon looking to reunite with Clooney on Monuments Men - December 6, 2012
- Australian mini-series on Michael Hutchence and INXS in the works - December 6, 2012
- Cosmo Kramer returning to prime-time television - December 6, 2012
- Sean Bean replaces Brendan Fraser on TNT’s Legends - December 6, 2012
- Clarke and Isaac in William Monahan’s Mojave - December 6, 2012
- Joel Silver bringing I Hunt Killers to TV - December 1, 2012