Singer Carrie Underwood will play Maria Von Trapp in NBC’s three-hour TV take on “Sound of Music”, says The Hollywood Reporter.
“Speaking for everyone at NBC, we couldn’t be happier to have the gifted Carrie Underwood take up the mantle of the great Maria von Trapp,” said NBC Entertainment chairman Robert Greenblatt. “She was an iconic woman who will now be played by an iconic artist.”
Movie-musical vets Craig Zadan and Neil Meron will produce the film, set to air on the telly early next year.
- First image from Autobahn starring Nicholas Hoult - December 7, 2014
- First Looks : Insurgent, Hail Caesar! - December 6, 2014
- News Briefs – December 6, 2015 - December 6, 2014
- Christensen, Craig talk Spectre - December 6, 2014
- Director fired from Star Trek 3 - December 6, 2014
- Russell Madness in theaters February 21 - December 5, 2014
- Schwarzenegger answers Terminator : Genisys trailer questions! - December 5, 2014
- Pauly Shore says Encino Man 2 might happen - December 5, 2014
- Luke Evans flies from The Crow - December 5, 2014
- Pratt saddling up for Magnificent Seven remake? - December 5, 2014
50 Shades of Grey.
Hitting the Gym at the start of each day.
Lord of the Rings.
Color of Night
Writing health, beauty, sexual education stories.
Taking my 'cutting' Bra off at the end of the day.
Handsome, charming men.
Sex & Lucia
Champagne at a media screening!
Dodgeball (the movie)
Hamish & Andy