Jon Favreau and David Fincher might also be on Disney’s wish-list to helm “Star Wars : Episode 7″, says Deadline.
Though rumours suggest Matthew Vaughn (“X-Men : First Class”) – and Vaughan’s friend and regular collaborator, actor Jason Flemying, recently told the media he believes it’s a done deal – has been hired, Mike Fleming’s hearing that the “Iron Man” and “Girl with the Dragon Tattoo” helmers, respectively, are also being considered.
As much as I’ve heard the Vaughn rumor, I’ve also heard Jon Favreau is panting after this job, and even that David Fincher, who apparently worked for Lucas’s ILM in a menial job as a teen, might be game for one of these new films. Unfortunately, we are getting nothing out of Lucas Land on what they call speculation. I broke a story recently that Lawrence Kasdan and Simon Kinberg will write future Star Wars installments, most likely the second and third installments of the new trilogy, I’d heard. Lucas, through Disney, denied every speck of this, but I ran it anyway. They won’t comment or clarify these things because they want to announce it themselves on their own Twitter or website or whatever they’ve got.
Apparently we’re going to hear the name of the director real soon – which is terrific, the speculation can finally end and IMDB can update that blank director’s listing.
FYI : Fincher worked in a visual-effects capacity on 1983’s “Return of the Jedi”.
- J.J Abrams turned down Star Wars : Episode VII directing job - December 27, 2012
- TNT’s Leverage to end after five seasons - December 22, 2012
- New trailer for Dreamworks’ Turbo - December 21, 2012
- First Picture of Tom Hardy as the new Mad Max! - December 21, 2012
- 10 Breaking Bits - December 21, 2012
- Seth Rogen’s This is the End has a great Red Band Trailer! - December 21, 2012
- The CW’s Sherwood reintroduces audiences to Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves - December 21, 2012
- Red Band Trailer for The Heat with Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy - December 20, 2012
- 10 Breaking Bits - December 19, 2012
- Vin Diesel to play Kojak - December 18, 2012