1. A second season of the hit live-action web series “Mortal Kombat: Legacy” is currently in production in Los Angeles and will debut worldwide in Q2 2013 exclusively on Machinima, the number one entertainment network on YouTube. Based on the best-selling “Mortal Kombat” videogame franchise, Kevin Tancharoen (“Mortal Kombat: Legacy”) returns to direct and co-write “Mortal Kombat: Legacy 2″ alongside writers Josh Baizer and Marshall Johnson (“Dead Loss”). The first season of “Mortal Kombat: Legacy” was one of the most-viewed web series of 2011 with more than 60 million views to date on Machinima. In the second season the saga continues as Liu Kang and Ermac join the ranks of fighters introduced in the first season of the web series including Kenshi, Kung Lao, Kuai Lang, Stryker, Kitana, Mileena, Johnny Cage, Scorpion and Sub Zero. This new season will uncover the rivalries and histories of these fierce warriors as Raiden and his recruits clash against the dark forces of Outworld. The epic battle for Earthrealm has finally begun!
“Fans are in for a real treat with the second season of Mortal Kombat: Legacy,” said Tancharoen. “With added visual effects and storylines that dive deeper into our warriors as they make their way to the tournament, we’re taking this series to a whole new level. I’m really looking forward to showing fans the first clip during the Streamy Awards on February 17. ”
“Mortal Kombat: Legacy 2″ features stars from television and film – many of whom have real-world martial arts experience. The cast includes Harry Shum, Jr. (“Glee”) as the warlord adviser “Kuai Liang,” Casper Van Dien (“Starship Troopers”) as martial arts film actor “Johnny Cage,” Brian Tee (“The Wolverine”) as Shaolin Monk “Liu Kang,” Mark Dacascos (“Cradle 2 the Grave “) as “Kung Lao” – a close friend of “Liu Kang,” Ian Anthony Dale (“Hawaii Five-O”) returns as the resurrected ninja “Scorpion,” and reprising his role he made famous in the “Mortal Kombat” theatrical release – Cary Tagawa as the powerful, arrogant sorcerer “Shang Tsung.” “Machinima and our audience have been eagerly awaiting the next chapter in this series, and I’m thrilled to announce that Mortal Kombat: Legacy 2 will return to its original home on Machinima,” said Allen DeBevoise, Chairman, Co-Founder, and CEO of Machinima. “We have become a destination for episodic narrative series thanks in part to the first season of Mortal Kombat: Legacy, and we look forward to breaking new ground with this much anticipated new season.”
“Mortal Kombat: Legacy 2″ comes from producer Lance Sloane (“H+: The Digital Series” / “Act of Valor”) and Kevin Tancharoen (“Mortal Kombat: Legacy”) who also serves as the series’ director. Production services are provided by Bandito Brothers, and Hayden Roush and Marina Stabile serve as Line Producers. The series is written by Josh Baizer, Marshall Johnson and Kevin Tancharoen. “Mortal Kombat: Legacy 2″ is produced by Warner Bros. Digital Distribution and distributed by Machinima, Inc.
2. A new trailer for “Warm Bodies” is online :
3. In anticipation of the December 7th release of ”Hyde Park on Hudson”, starring Bill Murray and Laura Linney, Focus Features has released the following featurette on the film.
4. Guillermo del Toro has committed to yet another project, Universal’s Haunted House project “Crimson Peak”.
5. “Covert Affairs” star Piper Perabo has booked on arc on NBC’s “Go On”, playing a love interest for Matthew Perry’s character.
6. Christopher McQuarrie has essentially confirmed the “Mission : Impossible 5″ rumours (suggesting he’s directing) but says it’s early days. “We’ve just started talking about it. He [Tom Cruise] is very busy with ‘All You Need is Kill’, JJ [Abrams] is very busy with ‘Star Trek Into Darkness’, I’m busy promoting this movie. Obviously, I love working with him [Cruise] and would love to do it, it’s daunting in that I would have to follow Brad Bird… you know, the biggest movie of the genre. At the same time that’s kinda what I like about it, I like to come from a place of lowered expectation and I have to imagine that when they find out a filmmaker like me who feels, as someone put it earlier today ‘street level’… between ‘Way of the Gun’ and ‘Reacher’ and movies like that, I have to imagine that when it becomes real that people’s expectations could not be any lower.” More at Dark Horizons on McQuarrie’s future projects.
7. Helen Mirren and Colin Firth may join the cast of the “Best Exotic Marigold Hotel” sequel. An American actress, someone of statue, is also expected to be in the film.
8. Megan Ellison has asked her brother David (“Mission : Impossible – Ghost Protocol”) to be her financial and creative partner on the long-gestating “Terminator 5″.
9. The BBC are adapting J.K Rowling’s “The Casual Vacancy” into a series. Said the author, ““I’m thrilled that the BBC has commissioned The Casual Vacancy. I always felt that, if it were to be adapted, this novel was best suited to television and I think the BBC is the perfect home.”
10. Hugh Jackman has confirmed reports that he’s in talks to reprise Wolverine for “X-Men : Days of Future Past”. “Yes, I’ve been talking with Bryan about it,” Jackman said. “I did a very small cameo [in ‘First Class’]. I said, ‘As long as it’s no longer than three hours [of work] like last time…’ “I still have not seen the script, so we’re in discussions about [the size of the role],” Jackman continued. “I think things are a little bit in flux and this is my generalized way of saying I’m not going to tell you. Did you buy it? Any of it?”
- J.J Abrams turned down Star Wars : Episode VII directing job - December 27, 2012
- TNT’s Leverage to end after five seasons - December 22, 2012
- New trailer for Dreamworks’ Turbo - December 21, 2012
- First Picture of Tom Hardy as the new Mad Max! - December 21, 2012
- 10 Breaking Bits - December 21, 2012
- Seth Rogen’s This is the End has a great Red Band Trailer! - December 21, 2012
- The CW’s Sherwood reintroduces audiences to Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves - December 21, 2012
- Red Band Trailer for The Heat with Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy - December 20, 2012
- 10 Breaking Bits - December 19, 2012
- Vin Diesel to play Kojak - December 18, 2012