“24” favourite Dennis Haysbert has been enticed into reprising Michael Clarke Duncan’s “Sin City” role for the sequel.
Haysbert, who aside from playing President Palmer on FOX’s now-defunct drama is also known to movie viewers for his role in the “Major League” comedies, will play “Manute, the brutal and seemingly unstoppable right-hand man of Ava’s husband” in Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller’s “Sin City : A Dame to Kill For”, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Duncan played the role in the 2005 original.
“Manute is a character that has been part of the heart of the Sin City tales, and the late Michael Clarke Duncan beautifully established that role onscreen,” said Rodriguez and Miller in a statement to Heat Vision. “We could not tell the story of Sin City: A Dame to Kill For without Manute and are thrilled to welcome Dennis Haysbert to the cast.”
The film, currently on a break from filming (though it’s been lensing in Austin for a while now), stars Mickey Rourke, Jessica Alba, Jaime King, Rosario Dawson and Jamie Chung.
- J.J Abrams turned down Star Wars : Episode VII directing job - December 27, 2012
- TNT’s Leverage to end after five seasons - December 22, 2012
- New trailer for Dreamworks’ Turbo - December 21, 2012
- First Picture of Tom Hardy as the new Mad Max! - December 21, 2012
- 10 Breaking Bits - December 21, 2012
- Seth Rogen’s This is the End has a great Red Band Trailer! - December 21, 2012
- The CW’s Sherwood reintroduces audiences to Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves - December 21, 2012
- Red Band Trailer for The Heat with Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy - December 20, 2012
- 10 Breaking Bits - December 19, 2012
- Vin Diesel to play Kojak - December 18, 2012