I feel the same way about a “Friday Night Lights” movie as I do a third “Ghostbusters” – it doesn’t need to happen, but that doesn’t mean I won’t jump a squadron of frame-walking tea sippers to see it!
One person that doesn’t think a “Friday Night Lights” movie needs to exist – lets call him the Bill Murray of this particular project, shall we? – is star Kyle Chandler, who believes Peter Berg and company shouldn’t try and get a feature film version of the TV series off-the-ground. As far as ‘Coach Taylor’ is concerned, the series ended on a high.. score.
“My general attitude about Friday Night Lights is that it was a great movie with Billy Bob Thornton. And it was a great TV show,” Chandler tells MTV News. “I never had more fun doing anything. … They ended it at exactly the right time and in exactly the right way.”
Chandler clearly isn’t a hater of the show – he says he still watches the show – but just doesn’t feel there needs to be more. And hey, he could be right!?
- New poster for Tom Hardy thrilller Child 44 - January 22, 2015
- Rob Lowe playing man of the cloth in new TV series - January 21, 2015
- The Interview hits Netflix this weekend - January 21, 2015
- Stuart Beattie writing high Voltage project - January 21, 2015
- Bruce Willis’s next straight-to-disc dud will be… - January 21, 2015
- The Girl with the Reliable R2 Unit - January 21, 2015
- Lee, Ashbrook, Fenn, Ontkean back for Twin Peaks - January 19, 2015
- Gremlins reboot on pause - January 18, 2015
- Star of new Ring sequel announced - January 18, 2015
- Where will the new Ghostbusters take place? - January 18, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.