1. A series of new images from the upcoming “The Host” have been hosted, erm, online. Here’s a couple to hold you over..
2. Universal has picked up the film rights to Ernie Cline’s “Armada”, which ”features a high-concept hook that offers the ultimate wish fulfillment to every video game fan on the planet.”
3. An Australian release date change for “Man of Steel”. The Superman reboot was originally due June 13, 2013, but is now due for release 27th June.
4. The season finale of TV’s “Leverage” may be the series finale.
5. USA has picked up a World War II Alien drama pilot from “Terminator” producer Gale Anne Hurd called “Horizon”.
6. A new 13-minute featurette for “The Hobbit” is online. Your ass mightn’t like it, but you will.
7. “Deadwood” alum Timothy Olyphant is headed back to western territory for “Bone Tomahawk”.
8. Paramount has picked up a script by Eric Reese called “Family Vacation”. All that’s known about the film is that it’s a thriller.
9. Gregg Sulkin (“The Wizards of Waverly Place”) has landed the lead role in the indie period pic “1990,” which Jason Priestley is producing. ”Coming-of-age tale follows Josh (Sulkin), a high school student who transfers to a new school for his senior year, which sees him become best friends with classmate Kali. Though both harbor romantic feelings for one another, their timing never seems to be quite right.”
10. Jonathan Demme and Stephen King have had a falling out, as such the “Silence of the Lambs” director is no longer helming the film adaptation of King’s ”11/22/63”.