It’s safe to say that the frenzy surrounding the movie franchise “Star Wars” shows no signs of wavering just yet. The first film was released back in 1977 but, thanks to advances in technology, LucasFilm has recently confirmed the cinema dates for 3D versions of the next two films in the ”Star Wars” prequel trilogy for a limited period next year.
While the onscreen excitement continues, a more unusual sort of hype has also emerged. Over 13,000 Americans have signed an online White House petition to ‘secure resources and funding’ for the construction of ultimate weapon, the Death Star.
The founder of the campaign outlines the benefits of the campaign for America, claiming that the construction of the Death Star would provide an employment boost as well as enhancing America’s defences.
The petition contends that ‘By focusing our defence resources into a space-superiority platform and weapon system such as a Death Star, the government can spur job creation in the fields of construction, engineering, space exploration, and more, and strengthen our national defence.’
Although the petition seems to be gathering increasing support, it would require around 20,000 signatures for it to be officially reviewed by the White House.
Meanwhile, back on planet Earth, ”Star Wars” fans are eagerly awaiting the international release dates for the new movies, which will take a 3D format, and are set to be announced soon.
- Tony Jaa joins the cast of Fast & Furious 7 - August 24, 2013
- Ronan the villain of Guardians of the Galaxy - August 24, 2013
- Field remakes Inbetweeners, Lowery reunites with Affleck - August 23, 2013
- Penthouse North - August 16, 2013
- Hammer of the Gods - August 16, 2013
- First Position - August 16, 2013
- Be standing for presidential stills from Parkland - August 13, 2013
- Powell joins Expendables 3; Filming kicks off next week - August 13, 2013
- TV : Slade on Crossbones; Four join The Knick - August 13, 2013
- Always knew Mary Jane Watson was a bit of a Midnight Special - August 13, 2013