The CW is bringing back Sherwood Forest’s green-favouring hero, Robin Hood.
“Sherwood”, described as an “hour-long period drama with a female slant”, will be penned by Tze Chun (“Cashmere Mafia”) and produced by Dan Jinks (“Emily Owens M.D”), says THR.
Sherwood, which has received a script commitment at the network, is set in 1072 England and revolves around a young noblewoman who sets out to free her serf boyfriend, who has been wrongfully imprisoned by ruthless Norman occupiers. Seeing help from the vanished Robin of Locksley, she inadvertently reunites — and joins — the fabled Robin Hood and his Merry Men, inspiring new hope for the oppressed people of Nottingham.
TV definitely isn’t big on new ideas at the moment – most of the projects in development seem to be reboots of old shows, adaptations of comic-books, or new incarnations of classic books, like ‘Alice in Wonderland’ – but at least there’s an interesting spin being put on most of the things they do do.
- J.J Abrams turned down Star Wars : Episode VII directing job - December 27, 2012
- TNT’s Leverage to end after five seasons - December 22, 2012
- New trailer for Dreamworks’ Turbo - December 21, 2012
- First Picture of Tom Hardy as the new Mad Max! - December 21, 2012
- 10 Breaking Bits - December 21, 2012
- Seth Rogen’s This is the End has a great Red Band Trailer! - December 21, 2012
- The CW’s Sherwood reintroduces audiences to Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves - December 21, 2012
- Red Band Trailer for The Heat with Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy - December 20, 2012
- 10 Breaking Bits - December 19, 2012
- Vin Diesel to play Kojak - December 18, 2012