Disney’s “Planes” which was originally set for the direct to video treatment will now fly (stupid pun intended) into theaters on August 9, 2013.
The “Planes” characters and world are in the same vein as the “Cars” franchise, cartoony eyes and all.
While John Lassester is still holding the reins until release, it won’t have the Pixar polish, or Jon Cryer for that matter who has since dropped as the voice talent of Dusty, a big-hearted, fast-flying crop duster who dreams of competing in the most exhilarating around-the-world air race in history.
I checked out the design concepts a couple of years back at D23, and while it looks “cute”, I’ve never caught on to the charm of the “Cars” world. In fact, I can’t help but fear this will spiral into every piece of transportation getting a film release filled with the googly eye and underdog hero treatment, but different strokes they say…
- Horrible Bosses 2 Interview : Jason Sudeikis - December 3, 2014
- Jason Sudeikis – Horrible Bosses 2 - December 3, 2014
- Jason Bateman – Horrible Bosses 2 - December 3, 2014
- Horrible Bosses 2 Interview : Jason Bateman - December 3, 2014
- Horrible Bosses 2 Interview : Charlie Day - November 25, 2014
- Charlie Day – Horrible Bosses 2 - November 25, 2014
- Horrible Bosses 2 Interview : Chris Pine - November 25, 2014
- Chris Pine – Horrible Bosses 2 - November 24, 2014
- Arrow Picture Spoiler - November 10, 2014
- Skyline sequel nabs Crossbones - November 9, 2014