AMC has renewed “The Walking Dead” for a fourth season, but showrunner Glen Mazzara won’t be back in the controls room.
Due to a difference of opinion, the network and Mazzara are parting ways.
“Both parties acknowledge that there is a difference of opinion about where the show should go moving forward and conclude that it is best to part ways,” AMC said in a statement, printed at The Hollywood Reporter. “This decision is amicable, and Glen will remain on for postproduction on season 3B as showrunner and executive producer.
The network has yet to name Mazzara’s replacement.
Mazzara himself was a replacement for original showrunner Frank Darabont, who parted ways with TNT and the show over budget cuts.
“My time as showrunner on The Walking Dead has been an amazing experience, but after I finish season three, it’s time to move on,” Mazzara said in a statement. “I have told the stories I wanted to tell and connected with our fans on a level that I never imagined. It doesn’t get much better than that. Thank you to everyone who has been a part of this journey.”
“I am in full support of both AMC and Glen Mazzara in the decision they have come to and believe the parties came to this decision in the best interest of the future of the show,” Creator Robert Kirkman said in a statement. “I thank Glen for his hard work and appreciate his many contributions to The Walking Dead and look forward to working with him as we complete postproduction on season three. I am also excited to begin work on another spectacular season of this show that I know means so much to so many people. This show has always been the result of a wide range of extremely talented men and women working tirelessly to produce their best work collectively. I believe the future is bright for The Walking Dead. Thank you to the fans for your continued support.”
Filming on season 3 of “The Walking Dead” has concluded, with the remaining episodes of the season to air in February.
- Tony Jaa joins the cast of Fast & Furious 7 - August 24, 2013
- Ronan the villain of Guardians of the Galaxy - August 24, 2013
- Field remakes Inbetweeners, Lowery reunites with Affleck - August 23, 2013
- Penthouse North - August 16, 2013
- Hammer of the Gods - August 16, 2013
- First Position - August 16, 2013
- Be standing for presidential stills from Parkland - August 13, 2013
- Powell joins Expendables 3; Filming kicks off next week - August 13, 2013
- TV : Slade on Crossbones; Four join The Knick - August 13, 2013
- Always knew Mary Jane Watson was a bit of a Midnight Special - August 13, 2013