Zachary Levi (“Tangled”), Jim Sturgess (“Cloud Atlas”), and an unnamed third actor are the three frontrunners for the role of sole human character in Marvel’s “Guardians of the Galaxy”, reports Variety.
The role up for grabs is that of Peter Quill, better known as Star-lord. The charming troublemaker, son of a human mother and alien father, leads the film’s mismatched group of superheroes (Drax the Destroyer, a raccoon named Rocket and a sword-wielding woman named Gamora) in the James Gunn (“Super”) directed blockbuster.
Sturgess remains a firm favourite for the gig, having tested a few weeks back, but Levi – who shot Marvel’s “Thor” sequel – is nipping at his boots. That third unnamed actor would test after the Christmas break.
- Exclusive : McKay talks Lego Movie sequel - March 25, 2014
- Zombie shooter gets himself some Hot Wheels - October 18, 2013
- 10 Breaking Bits - May 30, 2013
- Three Days to Kill skedded for February release - May 29, 2013
- Universal rebooting Timecop - May 23, 2013
- Trailer and Poster for Byzantium - May 22, 2013
- Good Morning Shanghai! Barry Levinson directs Cursed Piano - May 22, 2013
- MH talks to The Great Gatsby‘s Joel Edgerton - May 5, 2013
- Joel Edgerton - May 5, 2013
- Set-Visit Interviews : The Great Gatsby - May 2, 2013