Prolific comic book movie scribe David S.Goyer (“Batman Begins”, “Blade Trinity”) will direct a feature take on the ’90s Manga fave “Hellsing”.
Set to shoot in London in early 2013, the low-budget feature features an ensemble of mostly unknowns, made up of the likes of Swedish singer Ana Johnson and martial-arts actor Daniel Bernhardt (“The Matrix”). Asim Ahmad, also appearing on-screen in the flick as Alucard, wrote the script.
Comic Book Movie, who broke the news, adds :
Jake Sharp (All My Children) will be portraying Father Anderson, Daniel Bernhardt (Bloodsport 2, The Matrix Reloaded) will be portraying Walter and Swedish singer Ana Johnsson will be portraying Integra Hellsing. Expect some recognizable names from the action genre to cameo.
While Goyer’s best-known for his work on pricey blockbusters, like the three “Blade” movies, “Hellsing” isn’t his first foray into low-budget filmmaking. Goyer’s “ZigZag”, featuring Sam Jones III and Wesley Snipes, produced for far, far less than most of his more mainstream efforts, might also be Goyer’s finest hour as a filmmaker.
- Creed punches into production! - January 27, 2015
- Beetlejuice 2 is really happening, says Winona Ryder - January 27, 2015
- Knock Knock who’s there? Lionsgate with 3 million bucks! - January 27, 2015
- Gobots go to the big screen!? - January 27, 2015
- Arnold vs Arnold Genisys details! - January 27, 2015
- Yep, this is the Fantastic Four costume - January 27, 2015
- NBC going with Monica Potter series - January 27, 2015
- That’s no Moon, it’s a New Moon! - January 27, 2015
- ABC commissions Chevy Chase, Beverly D’Angelo show - January 27, 2015
- Edgar Wright’s next comes complete with a Twist - January 27, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.