Prolific comic book movie scribe David S.Goyer (“Batman Begins”, “Blade Trinity”) will direct a feature take on the ’90s Manga fave “Hellsing”.
Set to shoot in London in early 2013, the low-budget feature features an ensemble of mostly unknowns, made up of the likes of Swedish singer Ana Johnson and martial-arts actor Daniel Bernhardt (“The Matrix”). Asim Ahmad, also appearing on-screen in the flick as Alucard, wrote the script.
Comic Book Movie, who broke the news, adds :
Jake Sharp (All My Children) will be portraying Father Anderson, Daniel Bernhardt (Bloodsport 2, The Matrix Reloaded) will be portraying Walter and Swedish singer Ana Johnsson will be portraying Integra Hellsing. Expect some recognizable names from the action genre to cameo.
While Goyer’s best-known for his work on pricey blockbusters, like the three “Blade” movies, “Hellsing” isn’t his first foray into low-budget filmmaking. Goyer’s “ZigZag”, featuring Sam Jones III and Wesley Snipes, produced for far, far less than most of his more mainstream efforts, might also be Goyer’s finest hour as a filmmaker.
- Magnolia picks up Experimenter; New image released - March 27, 2015
- Taylor-Johnson quits Fifty Shades franchise - March 26, 2015
- X-Men : Apocalypse casts Jubilee; cameos rumoured - March 26, 2015
- Trailer : Maggie - March 26, 2015
- Ben Mendelsohn may star in a Star Wars movie - March 26, 2015
- B v S : Luthor picture; story details - March 26, 2015
- Star Trek 3 : Elba to play villain; Pegg talks scripting - March 26, 2015
- Peter Craig aboard Lawrence’s Addario biopic - March 26, 2015
- Spielberg directing Ernie Cline’s Ready Player One - March 26, 2015
- Jason Segel directing a Lego movie!? - March 26, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.