John Woo seems to be the fan favourite to direct the inevitable “Expendables 3″, according to internet scuttlebutt. But having separated himself from the types of films in recent years, is a star-heavy Hollywood blockbuster something the “Face/Off” and “Broken Arrow” director would consider?
“I am a big fan of all those guys and I will do it but I want less studio and producer interference. I want to shoot the movie the way I want”, Woo told Yahoo! (via Expendables Premiere). “That’s the difference making a movie in China and Hollywood. In China, The Studio and producer allow flexibility to the director. One thing for sure is, I want it to take place in China. I also have a vision of this big fight between Jet Li and Van Damme but then they have killed him off.”
Meanwhile, reports have surfaced suggesting retired legend Sean Connery has knocked back an offer to appear in the third installment.
“Expendables 2″ director Simon West – suggesting the might be attached to direct the next one (so much for Woo) – and star Sly Stallone apparently offered the former 007 the chance to share the screen with Sly, Bruce Willis and Arnold Schwarzenegger in the soon-filming sequel.
ZeeNews says the “League of Extraordinary Gentlemen” star had his people reject the offer, reiterating that he has retired.
- Exclusive : McKay talks Lego Movie sequel - March 25, 2014
- Zombie shooter gets himself some Hot Wheels - October 18, 2013
- 10 Breaking Bits - May 30, 2013
- Three Days to Kill skedded for February release - May 29, 2013
- Universal rebooting Timecop - May 23, 2013
- Trailer and Poster for Byzantium - May 22, 2013
- Good Morning Shanghai! Barry Levinson directs Cursed Piano - May 22, 2013
- MH talks to The Great Gatsby‘s Joel Edgerton - May 5, 2013
- Joel Edgerton - May 5, 2013
- Set-Visit Interviews : The Great Gatsby - May 2, 2013