Warner’s ambitious “Justice League of America” movie, currently at the charge of scribe Will Beale (“Gangster Squad”), will feature the Henry Cavill and Ryan Reynolds incarnations of Superman and Green Lantern, respectively, as well as appearances by Superman and Batman buds Lois Lane and Alfred. That’s according to a new report surfacing at Cosmic Book News, claiming to have some inside intel on the superhero tag-team movie, due 2015.
Here’s the guts of the report :
• Superman is essentially the same character from Man of Steel, and Zack Snyder is consulting regarding the writing of the character.
• Batman: The strategist of the group. Batman doesn’t really want to be involved with these super powered beings he considers too powerful. Easily the most complex written.
• Wonder Woman: She has only been in man’s world a few short months. The Wonder Woman script Michael Goldenberg is developing will be set before the Justice League movie.
• Green Lantern: Will be Ryan Reynold’s character from the Green Lantern movie, but will be freshly written with a more serious tone.
• Flash: The most popular hero in civilian eyes who loves media attention, but when called upon is very serious.
• Martian Manhunter: Alien who has lived on Earth in secret for over a hundred years who has knowledge of Darkseid and his reign.
• Aquaman: Will be the King of Atlantis who has a key role in the film.
• There will also be a heavy military presence in the film which in future rewrites could include characters featured in Man of Steel or even Amanda Waller (Angela Bassett) of which neither are included in the first draft.
• Alfred Pennyworth is in the film in a minor appearance.
• Lois Lane is also in the film in a cameo.
• Darkseid’s Elite will be featured who go up against the Justice League early on in the film.
No word on the legitimacy of the report just yet, so take it with a grain of salt for now. Still, exciting to think we’re only a couple of years away from seeing this film – finally – come to fruition!