She’s proved her well-seared comedic chops in film over the years (with rib-tickling turns in the likes of “The House Bunny” and “Scary Movie”), now Anna Faris is set to take her particular brand of comedy to the box.
Faris, who shined in a guest role on “Friends” a few years back, will headline a new CBS/Chuck Lorre (“Two-and-a-Half Men”) sitcom about “a newly sober single mom (Faris) who tries to pull her life together in Napa Valley”, according to Deadline. “Mom” is an offering Lorre wrote with two members of his ”Two And A Half Men” team — executive producer Eddie Gorodetsky and story editor Gemma Baker.
Faris, who opted out of the most recent “Scary Movie” (the fifth, out in a couple of months), has been courted many-a-time to do TV but finally caved in to Lorre. Not surprising that he got a yes, he’s a bit of a hitmaker when it comes to the box, and has helped put the careers of such worn thesps as Charlie Sheen, Jon Cryer, Thomas Gibson and Johnny Galecki back on track.
- Superbowl Spot : Insurgent - January 31, 2015
- The CW releases another iZombie promo - January 31, 2015
- Deepwater Horizon : Chandor Out, Berg In - January 31, 2015
- Cast fills for Franco’s In Dubious Battle - January 31, 2015
- Nicolas Cage’s latest lands a Hobbit - January 31, 2015
- Rose Byrne back for next X-Men - January 31, 2015
- Orphan Black star gets lead in Star Wars spin-off!? - January 31, 2015
- Leia may face a Hutt again in The Force Awakens - January 31, 2015
- Affleck, Schoenaerts are HBO’s Lewis and Clark - January 31, 2015
- Production begins on Zoo - January 31, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.