Joseph Gordon-Levitt has committed to playing the lead role in “Sin City 2 : A Dame to Kill For”, says Deadline.
The “Dark Knight Rises” actor will play Johnny, a part that director Robert Rodriguez had initially offered his “Once Upon A Time in Mexico” star Johnny Depp.
Marvel had been trying to coax Gordon-Levitt into playing the lead role in their superhero blockbuster “Guardians of the Galaxy”. His signing onto the “Sin City” sequel, which also features the likes of Bruce Willis, Dennis Haysbert, and Mickey Rourke, puts an end to those talks.
Deadline hears that Josh Brolin, starring in this week’s “Gangster Squad”, may be offered a ‘tough guy’ role in the picture.
- Exclusive : McKay talks Lego Movie sequel - March 25, 2014
- Zombie shooter gets himself some Hot Wheels - October 18, 2013
- 10 Breaking Bits - May 30, 2013
- Three Days to Kill skedded for February release - May 29, 2013
- Universal rebooting Timecop - May 23, 2013
- Trailer and Poster for Byzantium - May 22, 2013
- Good Morning Shanghai! Barry Levinson directs Cursed Piano - May 22, 2013
- MH talks to The Great Gatsby‘s Joel Edgerton - May 5, 2013
- Joel Edgerton - May 5, 2013
- Set-Visit Interviews : The Great Gatsby - May 2, 2013