1. ”Warner Bros has formed what it calls a feature animation creative consortium. They’ve identified a core group of filmmakers to form a Justice League for the production of cartoons. The team’s goal will be to generate one animated film per year. John Requa and Glenn Ficarra, Nicholas Stoller, Phil Lord and Chris Miller and Jared Stern are the first directors in the program.” First out of the gate is the ”LEGO” movie, from “21 Jump Street” directors Lord and Miller.
2. Brett Ratner’s got a show called “Tomorrow” set up at ABC. Show tells of a FBI agent trapped in a time-travel scenario.
3. Sony Pictures Australia has unveieled a new clip from “Django Unchained”, which opens in the country end of the month.
4. Maura Tierney (“Liar, Liar”) will join Tom Hanks in the Nora Ephron-written play “Lucky Guy”.
5. EuropaCorp and Relativity Media have closed deals with Amber Heard, Hailee Steinfeld and Connie Nielsen for their Untitled Thriller project starring previously announced Oscar®-winner Kevin Costner. This darkly comedic action film tells a story about a secret service agent who’s agreed to return from retirement for one last mission – in exchange for access to an experimental drug that could save his life. Hallucinatory, narcoleptic action ensues as he tries to complete the mission while battling the side effects of the drug.
6. A new trailer for “Hansel & Gretel : Witch Hunters” is online.
7. J.J Abrams offers up an update on “Mission : Impossible 5″. ”We’re working right now on getting a writer. We’re a minute away from being able to discuss that. We have a pretty cool general idea for where this thing is going to go. Tom [Cruise] and Bryan Burk and I couldn’t be more excited about it….I will say that there are some ideas that feel like, “Ooh, I want to see that!” That’s all we ever go for.”
8. Arnold Schwarzenegger spoke to HitFix about “The Legend of Conan”
9. William Shatner says he won’t be in “Star Trek Into Darkness” and largely because ”I don’t think that [‘Darkness’ director] J.J. Abrams knows what to do with me. Age and change in body shape.”
10. Rodrigo Santoro spoke a bit about ”300: Rise of an Empire”, in which he reprises his role as Xerxes. “I would say that you get to know a little bit about [Xerxes’] backstory, which I thought is pretty cool. It’s more like you have the new Athenian, Sullivan. You have Eva Green’s character, which is a commander, a naval commander, my naval commander, and you have Xerxes. It gravitates between all three, what’s going on.”
- Jetsons animated movie in the works - January 24, 2015
- New poster for Tom Hardy thrilller Child 44 - January 22, 2015
- Rob Lowe playing man of the cloth in new TV series - January 21, 2015
- The Interview hits Netflix this weekend - January 21, 2015
- Stuart Beattie writing high Voltage project - January 21, 2015
- Bruce Willis’s next straight-to-disc dud will be… - January 21, 2015
- The Girl with the Reliable R2 Unit - January 21, 2015
- Lee, Ashbrook, Fenn, Ontkean back for Twin Peaks - January 19, 2015
- Gremlins reboot on pause - January 18, 2015
- Star of new Ring sequel announced - January 18, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.