1. ”Warner Bros has formed what it calls a feature animation creative consortium. They’ve identified a core group of filmmakers to form a Justice League for the production of cartoons. The team’s goal will be to generate one animated film per year. John Requa and Glenn Ficarra, Nicholas Stoller, Phil Lord and Chris Miller and Jared Stern are the first directors in the program.” First out of the gate is the ”LEGO” movie, from “21 Jump Street” directors Lord and Miller.
2. Brett Ratner’s got a show called “Tomorrow” set up at ABC. Show tells of a FBI agent trapped in a time-travel scenario.
3. Sony Pictures Australia has unveieled a new clip from “Django Unchained”, which opens in the country end of the month.
4. Maura Tierney (“Liar, Liar”) will join Tom Hanks in the Nora Ephron-written play “Lucky Guy”.
5. EuropaCorp and Relativity Media have closed deals with Amber Heard, Hailee Steinfeld and Connie Nielsen for their Untitled Thriller project starring previously announced Oscar®-winner Kevin Costner. This darkly comedic action film tells a story about a secret service agent who’s agreed to return from retirement for one last mission – in exchange for access to an experimental drug that could save his life. Hallucinatory, narcoleptic action ensues as he tries to complete the mission while battling the side effects of the drug.
6. A new trailer for “Hansel & Gretel : Witch Hunters” is online.
7. J.J Abrams offers up an update on “Mission : Impossible 5″. ”We’re working right now on getting a writer. We’re a minute away from being able to discuss that. We have a pretty cool general idea for where this thing is going to go. Tom [Cruise] and Bryan Burk and I couldn’t be more excited about it….I will say that there are some ideas that feel like, “Ooh, I want to see that!” That’s all we ever go for.”
8. Arnold Schwarzenegger spoke to HitFix about “The Legend of Conan”
9. William Shatner says he won’t be in “Star Trek Into Darkness” and largely because ”I don’t think that ['Darkness' director] J.J. Abrams knows what to do with me. Age and change in body shape.”
10. Rodrigo Santoro spoke a bit about ”300: Rise of an Empire”, in which he reprises his role as Xerxes. “I would say that you get to know a little bit about [Xerxes'] backstory, which I thought is pretty cool. It’s more like you have the new Athenian, Sullivan. You have Eva Green’s character, which is a commander, a naval commander, my naval commander, and you have Xerxes. It gravitates between all three, what’s going on.”