Will Forte and Tim Robbins have replaced the previously-cast Ty Burrell and Dennis Quaid in “the Switch”, the “Jackie Brown” precursor from director Dan Schechter.
Based on Elmore Leonard’s book of the same name, the film stars John Hawkes, Yasiin Bey, Jennifer Aniston and Isla Fisher.
Variety says :
Crime drama, which will serve as a prequel to Quentin Tarantino’s “Jackie Brown,” stars Hawkes and Bey as younger versions of Robert De Niro and Samuel L. Jackson’s characters Louis Gara and Ordell Robbie, who also appear in Leonard’s novel “Rum Punch.”
Set 15 years before the events in “Jackie Brown,” story follows career criminals Ordell and Louis as they team up to kidnap Mickey Dawson (Aniston), the wife of a corrupt real estate developer (Robbins). When the husband refuses to pay the ransom for his wife’s return, the ex-cons are forced to reconceive their plan, and the angry housewife uses them to get her revenge.
Forte, who just wrapped the lead role in Alexander Payne’s “Nebraska,” will play Marshall Taylor, a married country club member who harbors a crush on Mickey and spends most of the film in a moral dilemma after witnessing her kidnapping.
- Exclusive : McKay talks Lego Movie sequel - March 25, 2014
- Zombie shooter gets himself some Hot Wheels - October 18, 2013
- 10 Breaking Bits - May 30, 2013
- Three Days to Kill skedded for February release - May 29, 2013
- Universal rebooting Timecop - May 23, 2013
- Trailer and Poster for Byzantium - May 22, 2013
- Good Morning Shanghai! Barry Levinson directs Cursed Piano - May 22, 2013
- MH talks to The Great Gatsby‘s Joel Edgerton - May 5, 2013
- Joel Edgerton - May 5, 2013
- Set-Visit Interviews : The Great Gatsby - May 2, 2013