1. Yahoo! Movies has the new trailer for “The Last Exorcism II”
2. The official Australian Motion Poster for “Hansel & Gretel Witch Hunters 3D” is online
3. Screenwriter Kelly Marcel says her screenplay for the “50 Shades of Grey” movie will, not surprisingly, be NC-17.
4. Animator and Director Richard Bazley spoke to FLIP about “The Chimeran”, a new film he’s doing with Producer Gary Kurtz (“Star Wars”). ”For years I had been fascinated by the original 1968 Planet of the Apes film, and the moral implications that lay beneath. I was also knocked out by the fabulous film District 9 which explores similar themes. The Chimeran is not just a creature movie – there are many such movies out there, and I am not interested in creature animation for its own sake, or visual effects for the sake of visual effects. I am more interested in the human condition, and how a thought-provoking tale can be told – one that just happens to use creature animation and great visual effects. Right now there are moral issues that prevent us from creating genetic hybrids. Consider this premise: what if, with our planet’s natural resources running out, our society has to make a moral leap for the survival of our species. Human labour is cheap and animal labour even cheaper. What if we had to combine the two in order to survive? This is a concept that fascinates me. If we did this, and a multitude of hybrid animal and human creatures resulted – what sort of society would we have? We would have very new racial issues, and how would these be overcome? For some people the whole idea is disturbing – and so it should be. But this is something that, in the near future, we may have to confront.”
5. Annapurna Pictures and Color Force have secured the feature film rights to Maria Semple’s critically acclaimed, bestselling novel “Where’d You Go, Bernadette” it was announced today by Color Force’s Nina Jacobson. Additionally, Scott Neustadter and Michael H. Weber ((500) Days of Summer) have been confirmed to write the screenplay. Semple will serve as executive producer along with Color Force’s Bryan Unkeless and Annapurna Pictures’ Ted Schipper. Jacobson and partner Brad Simpson will produce alongside Annapurna Pictures’ Megan Ellison. Told via letters, emails, texts, and other documents, “Where’d You Go, Bernadette” pieces together the story of a brilliant but slightly unhinged woman, a once-famous Los Angeles architect turned recluse, who abruptly disappears, leaving her Microsoft-guru husband and devoted eighth-grade daughter determined to find her.
6. “The Twilight Saga : Breaking Dawn” leads the Razzie Nominations this year with a staggering 11 nominations. “That’s My Boy” and “Battleship” have also fared, erm, well.
7. There “Are no real plans” for an “Inbetweeners” movie sequel, says star Blake Harrison. “I think the writers are mulling over script ideas for another potential movie, but that’s all it is… There is no deal done. There is no script finished. It’s at a really foetal stage.” Adds the actor, “Whether anything happens or not is anyone’s guess at the moment. There is nothing confirmed, and that’s not a bad thing because maybe it’s a nice thing to bow out with people wanting more.”
8. Thieves have snatched some copper wire from the set of the “Anchorman” sequel.
9. Joss Whedon says he wants to shoot the long-anticipated “Dr Horrible” sequel this year.
10. At the press conference for his new film “The Last Stand”, Arnold Schwarzenegger spoke about the challenge of getting the “Twins” sequel, “Triplets” made. “I have been trying to do it for 10 years,” he said. “Now the new leadership (at the studio) sees the value.”
- Lively, Clarke set for Forster’s All I See is You - February 27, 2015
- Sands files Minority Report - February 27, 2015
- Blomkamp’s statement on Alien plans misconstrued - February 27, 2015
- Routh gets Lost, West in the Money - February 26, 2015
- Billy Lynn nabs Alwyn, eyes Hedlund - February 26, 2015
- Spidey could remain Peter Parker after all - February 26, 2015
- Virginia Madsen to experience Joy - February 26, 2015
- Voges, Zombie reunite for 31 - February 26, 2015
- Schwarzenegger back for Terminator 6 - February 26, 2015
- When does the next Star Wars trailer hit? - February 26, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.