1. Legendary Pictures has sued the producers of “Godzilla”, claiming the trio in question have no entitlement to the epic 2014 blockbuster that they were recently tossed from. In a lawsuit filed Wednesday in Los Angeles Superior Court, “Legendary seeks a court order to enforce a contract it says allows the studio to dump producers Dan Lin, Roy Lee and Doug Davison in advance of the start of production on the new Godzilla movie. Legendary says it has a March 2011 contract with Lin Pictures and Lee’s Vertigo Entertainment that requires it to involve the producers only if they are “deemed to be engaged” to produce the film”, according to THR. “But Legendary says the producing team did little to justify being included on the project. “Defendants efforts on the project consisted only of introducing a screenwriter to Legendary and contributing notes to a screenplay which Legendary subsequently decided to not utilize,” the lawsuit states.”
2. “Bridesmaids” director Paul Feig has signed a deal with Fox that will see him produce and direct a series of R-rated comedies for the studio.
3. Good news soap fans! “Days of our Lives” has had it’s life extended to at least 2014.
4. A trailer for the new Eli Roth/Netflix series “Hemlock Grove” is online.
5. Funny-or-die.com is making the transition to movies, teaming with producer Scott Steindorff and his Scott Pictures banner to form a multiyear partnership that will see the creation of a slate of feature comedies. “The hope is that in one of the two or three movies, we find the next Animal House or breakaway comedy,” says Steindorff.
6. Apparently a “Texas Chainsaw 3D” sequel isn’t a sure thing… yet. Millennium’s Avi Lerner jumped the gun. “The rights are controlled by Carl and Main Line Pictures, no matter what Millennium says,” Executive Producer Mark Burg told Deadline. “Millennium simply sold the foreign rights and they will not tell us when a sequel is ready to be made. The script was developed by Carl, myself and writer/director John Luessenhop. Millennium and about ten producers came aboard only when we needed their check. Maybe they’re looking for something to sell at Berlin, but they have no right to announce this sequel..”
7. The trailer for DirecTV’s first-ever original series “Rogue”, starring Thandie Newton, is online.
8. David Ellison’s Skydance productions has snapped up an untitled global disaster film spec script written by Dean Devlin and Paul Guyot, which Devlin will direct.
9. “Jurassic Park 3D” will run on IMAX screens for a week beginning April 5.