1. Legendary Pictures has sued the producers of “Godzilla”, claiming the trio in question have no entitlement to the epic 2014 blockbuster that they were recently tossed from. In a lawsuit filed Wednesday in Los Angeles Superior Court, “Legendary seeks a court order to enforce a contract it says allows the studio to dump producers Dan Lin, Roy Lee and Doug Davison in advance of the start of production on the new Godzilla movie. Legendary says it has a March 2011 contract with Lin Pictures and Lee’s Vertigo Entertainment that requires it to involve the producers only if they are “deemed to be engaged” to produce the film”, according to THR. “But Legendary says the producing team did little to justify being included on the project. “Defendants efforts on the project consisted only of introducing a screenwriter to Legendary and contributing notes to a screenplay which Legendary subsequently decided to not utilize,” the lawsuit states.”
2. “Bridesmaids” director Paul Feig has signed a deal with Fox that will see him produce and direct a series of R-rated comedies for the studio.
3. Good news soap fans! “Days of our Lives” has had it’s life extended to at least 2014.
4. A trailer for the new Eli Roth/Netflix series “Hemlock Grove” is online.
5. Funny-or-die.com is making the transition to movies, teaming with producer Scott Steindorff and his Scott Pictures banner to form a multiyear partnership that will see the creation of a slate of feature comedies. “The hope is that in one of the two or three movies, we find the next Animal House or breakaway comedy,” says Steindorff.
6. Apparently a “Texas Chainsaw 3D” sequel isn’t a sure thing… yet. Millennium’s Avi Lerner jumped the gun. “The rights are controlled by Carl and Main Line Pictures, no matter what Millennium says,” Executive Producer Mark Burg told Deadline. “Millennium simply sold the foreign rights and they will not tell us when a sequel is ready to be made. The script was developed by Carl, myself and writer/director John Luessenhop. Millennium and about ten producers came aboard only when we needed their check. Maybe they’re looking for something to sell at Berlin, but they have no right to announce this sequel..”
7. The trailer for DirecTV’s first-ever original series “Rogue”, starring Thandie Newton, is online.
8. David Ellison’s Skydance productions has snapped up an untitled global disaster film spec script written by Dean Devlin and Paul Guyot, which Devlin will direct.
9. “Jurassic Park 3D” will run on IMAX screens for a week beginning April 5.
- Limitless potential for new CBS pilot - January 29, 2015
- Another Zoolander star returning for sequel - January 29, 2015
- Stephanie scares up more cast! - January 29, 2015
- Kevin Spacey marks his territory with Nine Lives lead - January 29, 2015
- Pitt to go to Africa for Jolie - January 29, 2015
- Battlestar Galactica fave heads to Fargo - January 29, 2015
- Rudolph, Smith doing their bit for Brothers in Arms - January 29, 2015
- Inbetweeners actor joins Now You See Me 2 - January 29, 2015
- Four more join Wet Hot American Summer series - January 29, 2015
- Aykroyd responds to Ghostbusters casting - January 29, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.